-} Four {-

Three days later Izuku was at Dagobah Municipal Beach Park before the sun has even fully painted the sky purple. 

He wore a simple get-up of a black tank-top and green shorts. Though he did have on his usual red sneakers. Izuku had a duffle bag slung over his back, containing his training equipment and weapons. He didn't know what kind of training Yagi-San had planned, so he brought everything. 

Just in case. 

Though looking out over the piles and piles of trash, Izuku frowned. This place had been beautiful once . . . Now it was just a dump, in many ways. 

The green haired boy set his bag down to the side, rubbing the back of his neck while thinking, then started forward. 

Toshinori hadn't shown up yet, considering Izuku was about half an hour early. So, there was no problem if he worked a little bit while he waited, right?

Grabbing a stray trash bag from the top of a small pile, Izuku untied the top, then started filling it up. The trash bag had been thrown away only half full, a complete waste. That's what he did for the next little while. He found ways to start bagging up the smaller bits of trash and moving them to the sidewalk. 

He had cleared a small pile, there being about eight trash bags, several grocery bags, and even a few coolers full of junk, that could be hauled away later. He was pulling out another cooler when a throat was cleared behind him. 

Izuku went still as a statue for a moment before his head turned, green eyes widening. 

Toshinori stood in an oversized white t-shirt and khakis. His blue eyes wider than usual, but with a warm spark that eased Izuku's worries about getting in trouble. 

"Well," Yagi spoke, chuckling as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "looks like you got ahead of me." 

Midoriya blinked, then blushed bright red. "A-Ah, sorry, I-I-I um, I just-sorry!" He waved his hands in front of his face to try and cool down the heat rising to highlight his freckles and contrast his hair. 

"It's not a problem, my boy." Yagi chuckled, his shoulders shaking a bit with the effort. "I was planning on having you clean up the beach." As soon as he said that, Midoriya froze-eyes growing even wider (which seemed impossible, but there they were) as his hands dropped to his sides and his back straightened. 

"Really?" Izuku asked, tilting his head to the side in curiosity, causing his curls to shift over his forehead and bounce around. 

"Yes, being a hero isn't just about fighting criminals and stopping villains. There are levels. Heroes, usually, have at least one or two causes they fight for and use their names to bring attention to. Present Mic, as I'm sure you know, works closely with several foundation for things like Autism and other types of mental disorders. Midnight tends to work for civil rights, from women to the LGBTQ community." Yagi explained, waving his hand lightly through the air as he explained his reasoning. "All Might himself has many, many different charities he works with." 

"So this is like that, charity work?" Izuku mutters, more to himself than anyone else. "That's makes sense, and it will also build my strength up to move all of this garbage  . . . Though most of my fighting doesn't rely much on strength to make up for my shorter stature. Plus there's the fact that if I build up too much strength all my fighting techniques will need to be modified, so I will need to keep in mind about that . . ." The green haired boy held his chin with one hand as his words turned too soft for others to hear above a continuous humming sound. 

Off to the side, Yagi-San just blinked rapidly as he watched and listened to Midoriya mutter all about how much muscle mass he could afford to build and how he could clean up the beach without surpassing what that limit was. 

"Young Midoriya . . ." He said softly, trying to gain back the boy's attention. 

"Oh!" Izuku blushed again as he grimaced at himself. "Sorry, I um-I um, so-rry I do that-I do-I do that-a lot . . ." He looked about ready to burry himself in the sand he stood on. Face bright red and his right hand gripping his left bicep. 

Yagi chuckled before waving him off. 

"Young Midoriya, just as a question to see how you would answer . . ." The blonde watched the boy look up at him before continuing. "if you could be given a quirk, somehow and some way, that would give you something like super strength . . . Would you want that? Would you take it?" 

"Me?" Izuku blinked before looking at his hands in front of himself. "Well . . . It depends on when this quirk could have been given to me . . ." At Yagi's confused expression he went on. "If I was born with it, or offered when I was younger, I would have said yes in a heart beat. No questions asked, really . . . But now . . ." 

"Yes?" Yagi almost whispered as he watched the boy run thoughts through his mind.  

"I don't think I need it." Izuku said, almost in awe to find how he, himself, found the words true. "I have been working my butt off to be a hero, training my body and my mind, even with my quirklessness or the fact I'm below average height, I think I can do this. And I want to see if I'm right. I want to see just how far I can go, I want to see just how much I can do, how much I can prove them wrong." He gripped his hand into a tight fist and smiled up at Yagi, his green eyes sparkling. "Why do you ask?" 

The wind blew lightly between them, whipping up strands of hair and the fabric of clothing. 

"No reason, in particual. Just wanted to see what you'd say. It seems I was right." The man smiled, happy and bright though with an edge of something . . . Not sad or disappointed, but as if he just needed to think about something. "Let's get this beach cleaned up, shall we?"