Almost Is Never Enough..

The music started and we went to the middle of the stage.. it was a slow music.. This was perfect right now.. it was perfect because it was exactly what me and Demi had..

- "I'd like to say, we gave it a try.. I'd like to blame it all on life.. maybe we just weren't right.. but that's a lie.. That's a lie.." - she sang beautifully

I looked at the screen and read her next line..

- "And we can deny it, as much as we want.. but in time, our feelings will show.. 'Cause sooner or later, we'll wonder why we gave up.. the truth is, everyone knows.."

I looked back at her and saw sadness in her eyes.. she probably understood why I picked this song..

She looked back at me and continued - "Almost... Almost is never enough.. So close to being in love.. if I would have known that you wanted me.. the way I wanted you.. then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart, but right here in each others arms.. Yeah we almost.. we almost knew what love was.." - she said looking down - "but almost is never enough.."

I looked back at the screen and started singing - "If I could change the world over night.. Never known such thing as goodbye.. You'd be standing right were you were and we'd get the chance we deserve.. try to deny it as much as you want, but in time, our feelings will show.."

I turned to her and she started to sing with me again - "'Cause sooner or later, we'll wonder why we gave up.. the truth is everyone knows.."

I saw the love while we continued singing and probably, someone that didn't noticed it was very stupid..

The problem is that.. as usual.. I fucked up by being late.. I should've come quicker..

I felt my heart break.. I shouldn't be here.. I didn't belonged with her anymore..

We continued the song and I felt like this was probably our last time.. this was really the end..

I should probably pack my bags and go home! This was just a stupid idea

- "We almost knew what love was.. but almost is never enough.." - we sang together at the end and everyone started clapping

I tried to contain my tears and the bar guy came to us - You should sing another one!

I shook my head - Sorry.. I have to go home.. pack bags you know..

She looked at me and the man smiled - Ok young man.. Sad to hear that you're not from here..

- Yeah.. I don't belong here.. not anymore - I said looking at her

The man walked away and she turned to me - You're running away again?

- Demi.. you're getting married! I hope you're happy..

I turned away and walked to our table

- Guys I gotta go..

Ariana and Sterling looked at each other and nodded.. they knew why.. they knew I was broken.. actually, they were the ones that knew it better..

I left the money with Sterling and picked up my jacket just when Demi came closer to us - Bye

I got out and walked slowly through the town.. I didn't wanted to go to my house right away..

Demi POV.

When Nick said he was going back again, I felt something click..

I wanted to cry right there.. I went to their table and heard him say "Bye" to everyone..

Demi.. you can't let him go! He came just for you!!

A tear rolled down my face and I cleaned it right away

- Hey dude, wanna play polo? - Sterling asked Wilmer

Wilmer smiled and kissed my head - Be right back babe

I nodded faking a smile and Ariana grabbed my hands

- What's wrong sweetie?

- I love him Ari, and he's going back to the city...

- Then why are you here? Run!! He's going away again and this time you can't let that happen!

- But--

- Fuck Wilmer! - I widened my eyes since Ariana never said these words - You're confusing gratitude and love!! Nick and you have a story!!

I nodded my head and cleaned my tears - Keep him occupied! - I said

With that, I ran out the door..

After long minutes running and screaming his name, I found him in a very strange place.. my family's grave.. why?

I walked towards him and saw that his back was against Maddie's rock..

- But.. if she's happy than.. why am I not happy? If she was meant to be with Wilmer.. why does it hurt so much? - I heard him ask

He was right.. If I was with the right person.. this shouldn't hurt like this!

I stepped on a branch and looked down at my feet.. when I looked up again, he was staring at me with red eyes..

What do I do now?

####

#Almost Is Never Enough - Ariana Grande ft. Nathan Sykes