His Existence

Any theory that concludes that we cannot trust our reasoning should be immediately discarded. If we were to conclude that our conclusions are untrustworthy, we should discard that conclusion as well. We should only trust the conclusions that give other objects meaning. Nihilism itself knows its own process to be pointless.

Belief in ordered nature makes nature a god to the believer, which is enough for this segment. Atheism in its true form believes that we begin and end in chaos, so why should we trust that our mind is ordered in between the two points? If Atheism means our reasoning cannot be trusted, then why should we trust that Atheism is correct?

Let Nature mean Creation.

The Reason for everything has no reason for its own existence. Creation exists for God, not the other way around; God is the reason for nature. To say that Nature is God, is to say that our purpose is Nature. To say that we are Nature—not as unrealistic as the last proposition—and that Nature is God, is to say that we have no purpose, since things are given meaning by greater things. Since I would rather believe I have purpose, I will discard that theory. If it were true that I have no meaning, why would it matter to me?

The Bible states in Hebrews 2:10: "In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering." Focus on "for whom and through whom everything exists."

1 Timothy 6:17: "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment." Focus on the last line.

If everything has two purposes, for God and for us, then our ultimate purpose is to become one with God. The Christian religion is one of reconciliation, and that is where I believe my purpose lies.