Hunch

There was an awkward silence. Avery pulled her hair from her neck and straightened her coat.
“Easy.” She said.
“Obvious,” Sherlock replied.
“Thanks for the help,” she said sarcastically.
“You had it under control.”
She sighed and dropped next to Ryan. “Hmm. Good thing you called us in, then. Otherwise it never would’ve been solved. He was counting on you to just put it off as pressure. Lucky you and your hunch.”
“Hmm?” Lestrade said.
“If it wasn’t for us,” then she shot Sherlock a look, “or more specifically me,” Sherlock rolled his eyes and turned away. “It would have been put down as a pressure-induced accident.”
She stood up and looked back at him. “I suppose you’ll do the paperwork?”
Lestrade nodded. “Sure.”
She gave a smile and looked at John. “Lunch?”
“Uh….what?”
Sherlock and Lestrade were both looking at him now.
Avery stood and stretched, hands interlocked over her head as she arched her back, in a way John hadn’t thought anyone ever actually stretched.
“Lunch, John. I always eat after I solve a case – even one as boring as this one. I’m starving.”
John looked around for help – Lestrade had a stupid grin on his face, and Sherlock looked disinterested.
“Uh…sure.”
“Great.” She turned around. “See ya later, you two.”