Caring

“How was the park?” Sherlock asked, obviously trying to prove that he was just as good as his sister to John, who was reading the newspaper.
Avery patted the top of his head absentmindedly. “Good boy.”
 Should she tell Him the truth? How would He react? It was so hard to judge Him, despite the time they had spent together. To each his own, and He was more introverted than anyone. Suddenly a thought crossed her mind. How deep was their relationship – her spy and Him? The spy was worried about him. It wasn’t…No. Not possible. She put it out of her mind and realised Sherlock was scowling at her.
She gave him a smile, then walked into her…John’s bedroom. She needed a new place, she thought to herself – thinking longingly of her old apartment – the one Sherlock had left behind. She wouldn’t have to ask Mycroft for help, would she? No. She had enough money to survive. Besides, there were one or two people who owed her favours- people Sherlock hadn’t go to because of his inherent dislike of them. Not to mention the fact that most of them were in love with her. Sherlock didn’t understand love; didn’t want to be liked. Not for him. Or Mycroft really. But she enjoyed it. Not that she cared about it, but it was fun when people liked her. It was more interesting that way.