2. A surprising Letter

*Katy's POV*

The grey sky's parted and a block of cool sunshine hit my face. I blinked sleepily and stared at my alarm clock. 6:35 flashed red. A chilly breeze swept in through the open window and outside I could see the pink, purple, orange, blue and red sunrise peeking up over the hills. Fumbling with the sheets I jumped out of bed to the loft opposite. I pulled on some black jeans and a rich plum/purple coloured hoodie. I stared at my reflection in the mirror, delicate teal eyes stared back, my skin was white with a slight lavender tinge and my hair was white (I pulled it back into a loose ponytail). Kitty entered the room almost looking identical to me except her hair was purple and she had it styled in two curly ponytails on the side of her head.

"You've got a letter," she said sulking.

"Mum force you to walk 3 metres did she?" I took the letter.

"10 actually," Kitty said scowling.

I laughed lightly and shut the door in her pouting face. I ran a finger over the words on the front of the envelope.

"Ever After High!" I hurriedly ripped it open and pulled out the letter.

Dear Cheshire

It brings me much pleasure to say thet your youngest daughter Katy has come of age. We insist that she attends Ever After High (especially after you sent in her previous grades!) and hope she accepts our offer.
Term starts 5th of February.
Sincerly
Headmaster Grimm

I read the page over until I had thoroughly learnt it by heart. With a squeal of delight I ran down stairs,

"Mom!"

"Hmmm?"

"I got a letter from Ever After High! They want me to attend!"

"I remember when your Kitty got that exact letter," she murmured reading it.

"We have to write an acceptance letter tight away!" I said still bursting with joy.

"Yes, yes I'll do it tomorrow," the Cheshire cat said lazily.

I went to the kitchen, pulled out five chocolate cookies from the biscuit tin, walked to the living room and put on a movie. Best day ever!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time skip

"Worst day ever!" I groaned looking at the filthy toilet in front of me.

I couldn't believe I had to work that day! I pulled the bucket full of soapy water towards it and gingerly lifted the lid.

"Ahhhh!"

You don't want to know what was in there. I finished cleaning and walked out of the bathroom looking slightly green.

"What happened to the cleaning fairy's?" I asked the girl behind the counter.

"They quit," she said giving a knowing look.

"I'll take toast with fairyberry jam," I said.

The girl went to the kitchen and came back holding a brown paper bag.

"Thanks," I paid and left the cafe Hocus Latte.

"I hate my job sometimes."

I walked along the one street of Book End, occasionally looking in through shop windows.

"Katy?"

I turned around.

"Maddie!" I gave my friend Madeline Hatter a hug.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I saw you peering into our shop window! I haven't talked to you in aaaaagesssss, so I decided to follow you!"

"You know what? That's totally not creepy," I smiled at my crazy friend.

"I know!" Maddie giggled.

"Well I've got to go, but I'll see you at school in February!" I decided to drop a little hint.

"Ohhhh you got the letter!"

"Uh huh!"

"That's hattastic! Oh well toodleoo!"

"Bye."

Maddie walked away her multicolored hair swaying behind her. I laughed to myself and walked home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! Thank you so much reading on! I know this chapter's not as interesting and I know it's short, but I really hope you enjoyed it. That's all I can really say right now. Here's a shout out to TheHiddenPages for giving me my first vote! It helped encourage me to keep working on this book. So thank you. Anyway,
Until next time,

Please

Vote

Comment

Follow

Adios!