8. A Blossoming Love

*Katy's POV*

True hearts day. A girl who go's by the name of CA Cupid apparently brought it back to EAH after it was banned for a reason I can't remember. I wasn't excited. When it came to love I wasn't really the luckiest. Sure I had my share of boyfriends, everyone has. But I've been especially unlucky. I haven't had my first kiss yet so I'm freaking out about that and the only guy I like in the whole school asked out Raven Queen. I shouldn't be jealous, it's wrong and I'm nice so I'm happy for Raven she's a pretty and awesome girl, Dex chose well. Anyway moving on from that depressing conversation. Kitty's doesn't have a date, then again she's never had a boyfriend so I suppose she's happy being single.
The day started out pretty boring. Flightfrost was sleeping, Ginger and Melody were out and I was alone doing thronework. There was a soft knock on the door.

"Come in," I called from my desk.

The door opened and Apple shut it behind her.

"Are you excited?!" She exclaimed clearly just that.

"Yeah sure," I lied.

"Oh come on you can't lie to me! What's wrong? Wait don't tell me, you don't have a date."

"Uh yeah I don't," I gave up.

Apple tapped her nose in thought.

"We need to find you a date."

"No. I really don't want to do that," I said quickly.

"Ok... then why don't we go shopping for a dress?!"

I sighed heavily but gave in. I wasn't going to tell Apple about Dexter and if shopping could put my mind off him then ok.

Book End was packed as always and we had to swim through the crowd. We stopped at a shop where they sold and made dresses.

"Hello!" An older lady stood behind the counter with a measuring tape hung loosely around her neck.

"What can I do for you today?"

Apple asked if I wanted to get a dress made for myself and I said no.

"We are looking for the perfect pre made dress for Katy here," Apple gestured to me.

"Hmmm. Yes I think I have the perfect one."

The lady led us to the back of the shop where more dresses were hanging on racks. She pulled one off its hanger and passed it to me.

"Try this one on and show us when you're ready."

The dress was dramatic, black and sleeveless. It came just above my knee and fitted around my waist snuggly but comfortably. White diamonds littered around the base of it while white sparkles were sprung across the top half. I admired myself in the mirror, I let my hair down letting it fall past my shoulders. I walked out of the change rooms and Apple gasped. The lady nodded her approval.

"Yes I knew this was the right one," she said.

I changed out of it and we pay for it. We took a quick stop at the Glass Slipper and bought a pair of knee high, white heels. White vines swirled up from the base of the shoe curling to a stop just bellow the knee. I pushed open the door of room twenty-six and threw the bags on my bed. I changed out of my shopping clothes and into my regular black jeans and plum hoodie. I tied my hair back and decided to go for a walk. I walked to the enchanted forest. The path was yellow gravel and the scenery was trees, lots of flowers and the occasional fish pond where multicolored fish would spring out of the crystal clear water. I heard some voices through a line of trees. I peered through and saw Raven giggling. Dexter was carving their names into the trunk of a nearby tree. He drew a love heart around the names and finished with a bow. Raven laughed and gave him a peck on the cheek once he was close enough. Just seeing him blush was to much. I ran away from the couple a few stray tears falling every now and then. I stopped at a large pond and sat down on the soft green grass. I burrowed my head into my hands still feeling the salty tears falling.

"Katy?"

I looked around to see Alistair. His pale blue eyes and handsome face were enough to make me smile.

"Are you ok?" He asked sitting down next to me.

I dried my tears.

"Uh yeah, I'm fine."

"You don't look fine," he said looking concerned.

I hesitated.

"Don't worry you don't have to tell me." He said wrapping an arm around my waist.

I burrowed my head into the crook of his neck and everything in that peaceful moment was perfect.

"Was it a guy that made you cry?" He asked suddenly.

"Yes," I confessed.

"I know it's non of my business but if he made you cry like that he doesn't deserve you."

I smiled into his neck.

"Thanks," I murmured.

Ten minutes passed of complete peace.

"Katy?"

"Mmm."

"Do you want to go to the true hearts day dance thing  that's coming up with me? If you don't have a date of course."

"Yes," I said immediately.

He laughed and so did I. I looked into his eyes. They weren't the chocolate brown that could melt people's hearts that Dexter had but they we're like a sky full of clouds. They were mysterious and intriguing. He lent in closer so I could feel his breath on my face. But I made the first move and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled and I smiled back. Finally I felt complete.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey again! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm super looking forward to seeing how True Hearts Day goes and can't wait for you to read it!
Until next time,

Please

Vote

Comment

Follow

Adios!