Ch. 3 The Soul Reaper's Work

BUZZ!

A Hollow is seen on camera as it roars when suddenly a black trench knife attached to a line of white cloth wrapped on the handle is thrown at the center of the mask. Once it was yanked out, the Hollow disintegrated into reishi before the camera panned to the back of Ichigo in his Soul Reaper form holding the trench knife in his left hand; he was shown standing on the roof of a building. "Nice shot, Ichigo; you're a master at this." Said Yoruichi behind the camera. Ichigo looked back and scowled deeper in annoyance as he turned fully towards the camera, sheathing his blade. His long hair, tied in a ponytail, billowing in the wind.

Ichigo and the rest of the room were in awe of his Soul Reaper form. "Whoa, Ichigo, is that you? You look super rad!" said Keigo. Ichigo just nodded wordlessly. It was still the standard uniform, but it was different. He had tattoos on his wrists, hands, chest and ankles. There was a black and white band around his collar, but he had two white shoulder plates crossing over his chest in an "x" shape, which were holding two different shaped blades making him wonder if those were what his Shikai blades would look like. On his back was a large black Khyber blade wrapped in cloth while the trench was sheathed on his hip. There was also a plate on his left shoulder that had red scales adorning it and a white cloak with black and white markings tied around his waist. To say the least, he looked awesome.

Everyone was so amazed, but the most shocked were the elder Soul Reapers. "A dual wielder..." Jushiro said breathlessly, snapping Ichigo from his trance.

"What?" Jushiro and Shunsui turned to him with shocked looks.

"You're a dual wielder." He repeated causing almost the whole room to gasp in shock. Ichigo looked confused.

"O-kay...and why is that shocking, exactly?"

"To this day, there have been no other Soul Reapers that can wield two Zanpakutos." Said Shunsui. "Jushiro and I are the only dual wielders in the Soul Society." That made his eyes bulge.

"No way."

"You just keep getting weirder and weirder, Ichigo." Said Karin. Ichigo glared in annoyance at her. Then a thought occurred to him.

"Hey, Rukia."

"Hm?"

"Do you think those are my Shikais?" Rukia looked up at the screen and studied the blades before nodding.

"Yeah, I believe so. Why?"

"Well, I took down that Hollow like it was no big deal, so why do you think I'm in Shikai now?"

"It might be because of your reiatsu." Said Jushiro. "It's possibly so vast that your Zanpakutos are in permanent Shikai."

"Great..." He stated sarcastically before becoming curious. "Though I am curious, I wonder what's my Zanpakuto's name...or names? Can a Zanpakuto have more than one name?" the two dual wielders shook their heads.

"That Hollow was weak, and how many times do I have to tell you to stop following me with that stupid camera?!"

"Now don't be like that, Ichigo." Yoruichi turned the camera to Kisuke who had his fan in front of his face. "We're just making some memories is all." The camera turned back to the orange head as Ichigo groaned in annoyance before grabbing his Khyber blade from his back and held the blade downward, the cloth unwrapping itself and showing the slit in the pure black blade along the back of it. She turned the camera back and forth to the two as the blonde man had a nervous look. "Uh...Ichigo? What are you doing?"

Turning back to Ichigo. "You. Deal with him however you like." With that, he let go of the blade and before it could touch the ground the blade morphed in a bright light before taking shape. In the blades place was a whited-out version of him with black sclera and yellow Hollow-like irises, and instead of a scowl there was a maniacal smile on his face; a white Khyber blade on his back.