Episode XIV

"Where did it go?"

The boy asked out loud.

It was just here yesterday.

The room felt empty without the disembodied head, it kind of affected him.

"Come out, darling. Stop hiding from me." The boy sounded a bit shaken. As if he couldn't accept the fact that it was hiding from him.

The boy was a master at playing hide and seek. He often played did it with the younger humans (who all died after being caught, of course.) But, no matter how much he searched, he could not find it.

"It's not like I'm going to eat you, darling."

After hours of searching for it, he felt tired. Not physically. But he just felt so tired. His brain was tired. His heart was tired. He was tired. The room was literally flipped inside out; it showed how much the boy really cared for it.

No matter how cruel he is, he was still a child who never felt loved. He felt as if he was left behind. As if, he was alone. Alone again. And again. And again.

The boy decided to give up finding. If it's not going to come out, perhaps, it went to find a better owner. Perhaps, it found happiness. Happiness without him. He, who gave it shelter, and its value, in his grand drawer; however, it seemed as if it was not pleased. Or it was not happy, with the boy's treatment, and left.

The boy was not selfish, if it really wanted to leave, it shall leave. He shall let it be. He shall give it its well-deserved freedom.

Because he wanted it to have something he never had.

"I didn't even bid it farewell."

Disregarding the melancholy atmosphere he created, he abruptly changed his emotions. He decided to find a new one. If it left, he would just have to find a replacement. It sounded cruel but, who was the actual one in wrong?

Of course it was the head. It left him. It was practically asking to be replaced. Right?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Right?

===

"Here you go, #07892."

"Hm." The boy grabbed the envelope and his key and turned around and walked away.

When the boy reached the two-hundredth floor, he felt something different. It was much harder to breathe. The temperature was much different. It was noticeably colder here. It also smelled different. It smelled like . . . paint.

Hm. I never knew the Death Tower liked redecorating.

The boy didn't mind the atmosphere. He wasn't the least frightened by the change. Instead, he loved it. He always thought the hundredth floor was too cozy, too homey, too safe for him. Sometimes, it gets on his nerves when it's too safe. It just feels wrong for him. He wasn't used to feeling safe. He prefers to stray in the calming dark, unlike the others who prefer the blinding light.

But then there was also this invisible pressure in the air. Weird.

The boy followed the room numbers until he finally reached the door of his room. When he reached for the knob, he abruptly stopped, as if he noticed something. Or rather, someone.

Then he slammed the door open and grabbed the neck of the trespassing fucktard who was sitting on his bed with that stupid smile on his face. 

"Get the fuck out or die."