Chapter One - Wrong Side of the Bed

There's always that dreadful feeling you get in the pit of your stomach as you wake up that tells you how the day is going to go. It would eat you away as you get ready and be burrowed in your being by the time the first hour of the day is through. Today was different but the still same as always. Today started off like any other day that I have ever had in my whole 16 years of being alive. Nothing special at all. Just a normal end of winter morning in Cross County, Ohio but that changed way too quickly. I had woken up in a good mood for once; I got out of bed slightly cheerful like the day had something great in store for me. My room was cluttered with clothes, comics and other things that probably weren't supposed to be on the floor. The February light rippled in through the partially closed curtains. I didn't struggle to get out of bed, which is a relief, making the walk to the curtains seem a lot less tedious then it usually is. When I opened the curtains, the blinding white light washed over my room to reveal its navy-blue wallpaper and my comic posters stuck all over the wall. The breeze from the outside sent a shiver through my body straight from my bare legs to the top of my head and with a long yawn and a stretch I walked towards the bathroom.

Walking from my room to the bathroom seemed like No Man's Land seeing as my twin sister Stephanie is always making the trip feel like the First World War. Today it was peaceful. As I was about to open the door, she opens it from the inside and exits sluggishly. She was slightly taller than me, her long brunette hair that was wet from a shower, came down in their natural curls. Her light nougat skin seemed paler but somehow still radiant. She was born with blue eyes, but she had a rare gene mutation called "Alexandria Genesis" which gave her dark violet eyes, while I was born with dim hazel eyes and it stayed that way. Her small ears peeked out from her hair like a rabbit coming out of its burrow.

"Good Morning, rodent," she said politely.

"Good Morning, Mutant," I replied.

"Slept well I hope."

"When have you ever hoped for anything good for me?" I asked inquisitively.

"Since the day we were born."

I give her a sarcastic stare "Really now, did you hope for something good when you pushed me down the stairs, oh or the time you told Kelsey brown, the cheerleader with the jock boyfriend, that I liked her which got me beat up or what about the time you pushed me out of the treehouse and broke my arm."

"Ok firstly the stairs thing was an accident, the Kelsey brown fiasco was me trying to help your loner ass because you wouldn't have said anything otherwise..."

"She had a boyfriend!"

"And the treehouse thing was completely your fault, last time I checked I had just broken up with Keith umm... ummm..."

"Carsten."

"Yeah, that one, and we were in the treehouse together and instead of comforting me you told me you knew that he was with that floozy Jessica Malory."

"He told me the day before you found out."

"Still! You deserved it."

"Just go."

"Love you!"

So, she left me to the bathroom to take a hot shower, but as usual, all the hot water was used up, so I had to take a cold shower which always sucks. After the shower, I dried myself off and look at myself in the mirror. My skin was slightly darker then my sisters and I had straighter black hair which I pushed to the left side of my head. I would like to think that I'm fit if I tense my stomach something shows up. My hazel eyes had a darker glow to them today, but it looked nice. I smiled at myself and exposed my slightly chipped front tooth that I got from having a door slammed into my face when I was nine, courtesy of my sister.