Chapter Ten - Purpose

It's been a month. A month since my life was turned around. After Colts exposed the existence of Amps to the world. Amps in hiding went into a frenzy because they saw no point in hiding their powers. Amps crawled out of the darkness and used their powers freely, some used them to get what they want while others chose to help keep the Idlites safe, but we were not accepted into the world as humans, to them we are just monsters. With the rise in Amps, criminal Amps created gangs, causing all kinds of chaos, robbing banks and running drug rings that the police knew they couldn't stop because of their powers. The Foxhole had been doing all they can to help the newer Amps and protecting the Idlites. That was until the world turned to Transgress. Countries asked, practically begged, for their help with all the Amps that had gone rogue. They took their Amp taskforce, that went by The Gemini, into the countries and made sure that the world knew who was in charge, who to fear. Their efficiency rate was terrifying, they took down everyone that seemed to stand in their way, they managed to calm most of the gangs in less than a week, and they even have equipment that can suppress Amp powers, making their jobs easier. In a whole month, Transgress was able to become a global company that deals with anything Amp related.

I, on the other hand, was finding it difficult to adjust to living in The Foxhole while my sister managed to make it feel like her home in a week. The Foxhole was a lot bigger then I had first thought. Almost every person here had their own rooms, including myself. There was a giant dining area just below the library that stretched to its exact length, a leisure center for the people who'd prefer to watch a football game or play video games, a lake on the top of the island with other outdoor activities, a whole level just for school because there were quite a few kids and a training centre on the very bottom layer of the facility where we try to work on our powers. For the first week, I spent most of it sitting in my pale blue room that only had a desk, a bed with a flat screen tv opposite it and my own bathroom. I tried to make it look like someone lived in it, but I had too many things on my mind. Stephy, Ellie and Akari would come and check up on me every once in a while to see how I was adjusting. Akari really tried to make me feel welcome, she told me stories about when she was growing up with my dad and her grandmother.

By the second week, I started to learn things about people. For example, the man with the white hair was Maxwell Hart and he was Adam and Ellie's adopted father. Anyone could leave the island at any time, there was a boat that would take people over into Vancouver. Stephy spent most of her time in the med bay trying to work on her healing powers, I, on the other hand, was too scared to think about using my power, which occasionally occurred at random or when I'm purely stressed. Ellie tried to make me feel useful. She took me to the kitchen where I would help with cleaning the plates and cooking some meals, occasionally start a fire. It was a lot of fun, the people in the kitchen are great people. They mostly had psychic powered Amps in the kitchen to know what everyone wanted to eat and two people with super speed to hand out the food.

On the third week, Ellie took me into Vancouver for shopping. We teleported into the North of Vancouver and wandered around the street, she forced me to wear a hat while walking the streets just in case I would get noticed. We walked from mall to mall buying T-Shirts, jeans, a few pair of shoes and two hoodies. Ellie was actually the same person she had pretended to be when I first meet her. She was also one of the only people who seemed to make an effort to talk to me. My sister would visit me every now again but she was still so different, I just didn't feel like I could really trust her the same way again. Akari would check on me twice a day just make sure I was handling things well, but Ellie was the only person I could actually call my friend in The Foxhole.

Halfway into that week I took a gamble and went to the training room. When I got down there I found out it was more of a training hall rather than a room. The walls were made of smooth mahogany wood with a large window in the centre of the west wall showing the ocean around us. Fish, manta rays and even dolphins would occasionally swim by the glass, almost like curious observes. On one side of the hall, there was a row large white metal containers with a glass window in the front of them, above the containers were signs reading 'Control testing'. Inside were Amps with what seemed to be more destructive abilities testing their limits and powers. Spread throughout the hall, Amps fought against each other, training their abilities and controlling them. In the far-left corner of the room, I saw a familiar cherry-haired girl creating things out of thin air that would wisp away after a few seconds. I hadn't spoken to Megan since the day we got here but a part of me still didn't want to, but I knew I would have to get over it eventually. I tried to practice or even get a flame going but it would never work, I would eventually get overworked and start a flame, then the process of me figuring out what to do with it, which lead to me trying to put it out like it was a bug clinging to my hand.