two | murder he wrote

'' yeah my boyfriend's pretty cool, but he's not as cool as me ''

***

The hermit lifestyle wasn't made for everyone.

Mark Lee was thriving when he got to spend the entire day inside his apartment.

I on the other hand felt like I was going to go insane at any second. I was the type of person that couldn't even sit still without tapping her foot, so being stuck inside the whole day was out of the question. Irene often told me that I was putting myself on danger on purpose by walking around in daylight, but I liked to call it hiding in plain sight. It didn't take long before I learned that my troubled past wouldn't disappeared if I would put enough kilometres between myself and home, so I decided to come back. Here I was at least fighting on my territory.

'' You are totally looking! ''

'' I'm not... Okay, maybe just a little, but it's not like I didn't already see everything that there was to see. ''

'' What did you just say? ''

'' Nothing, '' I happily sang in response and let out an awkward laugh. '' Can't you just choose something to wear already or are you planning to stay naked? No, don't even try to agree, because that's not an option. ''

Byun Baekhyun was standing in front of Mark's closet and trying to find something to wear that would reach his standards. The mafia leader was used to his extremely expensive suits and the clothing in front of him didn't come even close to fitting his image. I was sitting on the bed behind him and waiting for him to pick an outfit. He just came out of the shower and I somehow managed to change the bandages on his leg and stomach and put some plasters on the wound on his forehead, but now I had to help him get dressed too. At the moment, there was just a towel wrapped around his waist and nothing else.

'' Hey! What part of 'no, he totally can't lay on my kitchen table while you change his bandages', did you not understand?! ''

I cringed at the sound of Mark's scream and yelled back: '' I thought that was sarcasm! ''

'' Why does he have a skirt? '' Baekhyun mumbled in confusion, still searching through Mark's closet.

I shrugged and replied: '' Beats me. Apparently he is storing it for someone. I didn't ask for the details. ''

Eventually he pulled out a large black shirt and bandages and threw them in my direction. I frowned and glared at him in annoyance. '' You know, I might be helping you, but I don't have to do it. As far as I know, I am the one with the gun right now and I can always change my mind and kill you, you know. ''

'' You would already take advantage of my situation if that was your plan, '' he grunted back in response and I let out a sigh and stood up. I grabbed the clothes that he chose and found myself staring at the underwear before slowly looking towards him. He sat down instead and his dark eyes shined in mischief. He hated being in this situation and annoying me was his only source of entertainment. '' Don't worry, you can close your eyes. ''