Chapter 3

Third POV
Honerva moved carefully towards the bed where the panicked boy lay. He pulled harder at the restraints. 'Why was he even restained?'

She creeped with caution towards the side his head lay and she revealed a dagger. Honerva knew she had to do it, if she didn't, Zarkon would do much worse than killing her.

The little boy started to mumble, his words, at first making no sense soon turned into ones that stopped Honerva in her tracks.

"....p-p-pl-please.....sob.....I-I-I'm...s-sorryhehe....sob..." His voice was so small and quiet that she had almost missed it.

He had stopped pulling at the restraints and instead opting to look over at the dagger in her hand, then in her eyes.

Little Lance bit his cracked, scabbed bottom lip and squinted his Azure blue eyes as if expecting pain to come. His frail body shook with dread, knowing what was going to come.

However it never did. There was a clack of metal on the ground and a warmth embracing the young traumatised Cuban. He was too afraid to open his eyes, too afraid of what he would see.

In his mind the only thing he saw was pain, red and a grave. They flashed in his closed eyes and the sounds echoed along with them. Hollow pleads and screams tormenting his conscience, overtaking his memory.

The shaking grew stronger and Honerva was unsure of what to do, this boy was nothing to what she had expected to find.

He was so small, so young....so hurt. This boy....he looked as frightened as she felt whenever she was near Zarkon.

"Mm-M-Mamma.....hic...mmam-I-I s-sorrr-rry.....hic sob....." His horse voice was showing no sign of stopping as he continued to spout shattered calls for lost souls.

Honerva tried to shush him, her mission of assassination long forgotten. On this world Zarkon could not order he around like an old hag, she was free to help Lance McClain. Just as long as he thought the future paladins were dead.

When Lance started to pull and struggle again she looked around the room for something that might help. Usually she would use her Altean magic but she knew that it would only make things worse.

She scanned the hospital room until her eyes landed on a button that said emergency. From her studies of Earth culture, she learned that an emergency button meant that someone would immediately come help.

The green button was pressed and now all they had to do was wait.

"D-don't....p-please..d-d-don-aahhHHHHH!!!" The wail was ear piercing and it made Honerva jump back, she really was in way over her head.

"AAAHHHHH!!!!! AAHHH!!! NOOOO!!!" The door to room number 10 opened and a group of people rushed in with all sorts of medical equipment.

They moved over to the little Cuban, one of them was carrying a needle in their hand. With Lance restrained they did not have to try too hard to get the needle under his skin.

"NO! No no no nononono!!.....p-ple-s-s-sorry..." He was using the little strength he had left to continue pulling and frighting. His hollow face was soaked with salty tears that seeped into his reopened wounds.

"I-I w-won't...w-wont do it a-again...p-please.." The effects of the substance injected were starting to show as his movements became few and weak. His cold eyes were drooping as well.

"I-It....h-h-hurts...." With that, he looses all consciousness. His head falls to the side and he looks peaceful.

Honerva was still processing what had happened but she was sure of one thing; she would never abandon this boy.

The doctors and nurses let out a collective sigh of relief. They turn their attention to the disguised Altean and see her shocked face.
Honerva took a shallow breath and asked a question.

"Can I stay here with him?...."