Chapter 8

Third POV
The door flings open and Hunk rushes for his boyfriend. Lance is lying on the floor unconscious with his hands loosely laced in his hair.

Hunk lifts the frail boy into his arms and carries him to the bed. All the meanwhile the rest of Voltron is watching silently, unsure of what to do.

The Yellow Paladin rests against the walls around the bed, still holding his dear love close. Hunk did a subtle quick check of Lance's body before looking up at the others.

"I'll handle it from here." Hunk said with a soft expression, the team was very concerned but knew that their friend would be safe with Hunk.

They turned to leave but before the door closed the Yellow Paladin said one last thing. "Be careful what you say around Lance."

— Time Skip —

Lance woke up with a jolt and panicked when he felt someone arms restrain him. He started to pull and wriggle in an attempt to break free.

However Hunk was not going to let go, he was going to hold tight until his boyfriend realised that everything was ok.

"Shhhh~ It's ok Lance~" He whispered into the Blue Paladins ear.

Lance flinched at the close proximity of his 'capture' until he quickly recognised who it was. He spun around and flung his skinny arms over Hunk in relief.

The frightened boy cling to the warm embrace of his partner. The room was dark but that didn't matter to Lance anymore, because he felt safe with Hunk.

"I-I I'm...s-scared...." He stuttered as he buried his head into Hunks neck. "He....he...."

Lance didn't have to finish his sentence, Hunk knew exactly what the poor boy was trying to say. He knew....but could do nothing to stop it; Hunk felt helpless.

————

The other Voltron members waited anxiously in the living room, unsure of what exactly just happened. They couldn't ignore the fact that their friend was hiding something from them but they also knew that they couldn't push the issue.

Pidge shifted and sighed. "What do we do??" She looked directly at Shiro when saying this, expecting that he would have answers.

The Black Paladin stood and thought about all the possible things that they could do, and how each of them would not be appropriate until they knew more.

"There isn't much that we can really do considering that we don't actually know that is going on." He states with a reasoned tone.

Keith scoffed. "Well clearly Hunk knows." He lent back in the couch and huffed with annoyance.

"Lance is probably struggling a lot more then we thought; he always wears a smile, but what lies behind it is the current question." Allura chimed in. She had moved to sit down on the couch beside Pidge.

"That is true Princess, however I think for now it would be best if we gave Lance some time." The others hummed in response to Shiro.

"In the meantime we could ask Hunk about it." The Green Paladin said with a more upbeat tone.

————

"-shhh~ You need to rest Babe." Hunk whispered to Lance as they both lay on the bed under the blankets.

Lance looked down from Hunk and remained silent. "I know that you don't want to but it will help you feel better."

The Samoan male brought his hand against the soft skin of Lance's cheek. Lance shyly moved his gaze back to his boyfriends.

".....c-can you st-stay??"

Hunk beamed at this; of course he was going to stay, he would never leave his lover alone in a time of need.

"I'll stay.....your safe~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm back!!!

Once again, so sorry for dropping off the face of the earth.
I don't know how often I will update now but I will be updating this story. Yay!!!

Thank you all so much for your undying patience.

Have a great day or night 😊