Chapter 11

— Castle of Lions —

Third POV
Hunk paces back and forth with his hand to his mouth biting his nails. He stood looming over Pidge anxiously waiting to see if she had any new information. Just like Lance had thought would happen.

The little Green Paladin was working as fast as she could however she felt as though she was going to pass out; Hunk hadn't let her stop ever since they got back from the battle.

"Yougotanythingyet?!" He asked at an astronomical speed. Pidge rubbed the bridge of her nose and sighed tiredly.

"Not since the last time you asked me, a minute ago!" She was clearly annoyed with him but could understand how he must be feeling.

"Please Pidge...."

— Galra Ship —

Lance sat there in shock, there was no way that this witch was the mother figure that he had been missing so much.

He shook his head and tried to move away from her, this had to be sone kind of mind trick he thought. He didn't get far before she pulled him into a hug.

Honerva pushed his head onto her chest so that he could feel her heartbeat. She said nothing, letting the silence do all the talking for her.

Somehow the cold empty cell began to fill with a warmth that could not be created with fire or the sun; a warm that could only be described as love.

Lance lay against Honerva and couldn't help but to lean into the soothing beat of her heart, it reminded him of home and made him feel safe.

He closed his eyes and felt himself slowly drift into sleep. The arms that wrapped around him gently rubbed circles into his back and a voice sang softly into the darkness of the room creating a barrier to keep out the traumas of his past.

He knew without a doubt that this was his mum.

— Castle of Lions —

"-YES!!!" Pidge screamed at the top of her lungs and Hunk sprung off the couch and over to her.

The other Paladins came rushing in at the overwhelming power of the small girls voice. They all went over to the main screen where she had placed a video up.

"Ok. So this video is from around half an hour ago. It's of Lance in a cell." The Green Paladin presses play on the video and they all began to watch.

It showed an unconscious Lance laying in the cell bound at the wrists and ankles, he looked extremely beaten up with dried blood on his head.

There was a small stirring and he started waking up, they see him push himself against the wall and huddle in on himself. All of their hearts sank when they see his small laughter turn into helpless crying.

He looked broken, like all of the light had been sucked out of him. Each of them felt responsible, Hunk had warned them to go easy on him but they didn't and it ended up getting him caught.

He door to the cell started to open and the witch Haggar walked in, they saw Lance look at her in absolute fear. However before they could see what else happened the video went static and cut out.

There was silence in the room and Pidge turned to the group. "I have the last known location of that ship..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm starting to get back into the groove of writing and I hope that you like how the story is going so far.

Please leave a comment, even if I don't respond to it, I assure you that I have read it and loved it ❤️😊

Have a great day or night 😊