No Admittance...

A wining baby left on the doorstep of a care home woke everyone up. Her wails could be heard from all around the streets. She was wrapped in a soft scarf of many colours. It looked like it had been knitted by a loving pair of hands. A letter in an envelope was placed on her chest. It said her name was Petronella Osgood but that was all. The baby was blue with cold and when the grumpy head of house finally opened the door she sighed at having to look after another rotten child. Grabbing the basket she stomped back into the building and put her onto the coffee cable in the living room until the next morning. The child was starving and soon got a fever. The night dragged on slowly and in the bright mind of the girl she knew she would have to learn to look after herself. This place she had been left at was incompetent of looking after a young one. This was the worst start that could be given to a child.

Eight years later and she was very street wise and clever. Being creative and open minded didn't mean she fitted in well with the other children but deep down she didn't want to be like them. She was top of her class and could understand things better than anyone else in the room. Her favourite time of day was school but she hated the ring of the bell. A daily ritual of being picked on, made fun off and bullied started then. It had been slightly all during the day but the intensity rose immensely after school.

"Right a door

"Right a door. No admittance... nice touch. Can I go a little further forward if I skip that part please?"

The Doctor seemed to be very respectful and always true to his word. Letting him into my mind I was finding things that I couldn't remember like when I was left on the door stop. I was on the edge of tears seeing my past but I knew I needed to keep watching. I had the best chance to see myself in a new light if I continued. It might reopen some new memories for me which I desperately wanted. I knew that if I needed him to stop then he would so I trusted him to continue looking through me. Nodding slightly to show that he could continue I inhaled deeply to compose myself.

The scarf I was wrapped in when I was left on the door step was the scarf that I wear every day. It had been with me through thick and thin and it was like a good and trusty friend to me, in a scarf kind of way. A slight pressure was placed on my temples by the Docotrs fingers and he continued to look into my life.

Now he's looking at a week ago. She was nine years old then. Osgood was put into a horrible family. The women who sorted all this out at the home just wanted rid of her so put her with anyone. Osgood had tried many different families and they all turned out the same. The family would abuse her, physically and sexually. Osgood had the sense to tell someone about what was happening and the family would be put in prison. Every time this happened Osgood would be in more danger for when they got out. After this she was put back into the home and everyone would find out what happened. The other kids would think it was her fault and she deserved to be dumped there again.

Tears started to run down my cheeks and I sniffed slightly. The Doctor opened his eyes and removed his fingers from my head. I tried to wipe the tears away so he wouldn't see but I was too late. Seeing what happened to me all over again just brought it back. Putting a strong hand on my shoulder the Doctor brought me in for a hug. I hugged back slightly to this stranger and soon enough my crying stopped. The Doctor bent his knees to my level and looked me in the eyes. This is what he said to me;

"I won't let that happen again. Nobody is going to hurt you now Osgood, I promise you that."

I whispered a tiny thank you to him and we hugged again. Once I was fully calm I remembered I had my own questions to ask.