celebrating birthdays jae's way

"get down he'll be back any second now"

"tell yoongi hyung to get off me and then we won't have a problem"

"i wouldn't be on you if hoseok hadn't pushed me over"

"try to not push someone when jimin is standing on your foot"

"shut up i can hear him whistling, hes back"

the room was silent as the members watched jae turn the handle of the door into the dark room that they'd been hiding in for the past half an hour.

as the door opened and jae switched the lights on, the seven boys all jumped up from behind a couch as the yelled as loud as they possibly could.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

"bitch." yoongi chose to add on the end

as the room went silent each of the seven boys could hear jae getting closer to where they had all been hiding in the dark for the past ten minutes.

jae stared blankly at the boys before him, "my birthday was yesterday but thanks i guess"

"yeah but you spent your birthday with seungcheol and minho because you love them more than us now apparently"

"anyway that's enough taehyung. here." jin stepped forward to hand jae a card and a ham sandwich with a candle in it. the boys had taken to giving jae sandwiches ever since their first birthday with him in which he complained about how much he disliked cake.

"a card? you know i hate cards. they're a waste of money and the card business is always at an all time high because people spend money on pieces of paper for every occasion even when it's not needed." jae took a deep breath before continuing, "frankly it's a scam why do i need to but a card for my neighbour telling him that i'm sorry his cat is ill and not to mention the stupid designs on the front of them. it's absolutely—"

"— brilliant! glad we can hear this same rant every year" namjoon sighed as he took the card from jae's hand only to open it and hand jae the money that had been put in the card as a present.

"right well. i have a birthday meal with my mother and sisters—"

"you're abandoning us again?" jungkook held onto jae's arm staring up at him, as if asking for him to not leave them.

"if you let me finish, as i was saying you're all invited so let's all get in the car and let's dance the night away!"

jungkook and taehyung were both suddenly singing dtna by twice, jimin and hoseok doing the choreography.

"it pains me to say it but there's no time for twice because we were meant to be the half an hour ago and it's a ten minute drive so chop chop!"

a/n
hi i'm literally sad because i'm ugly and i keep seeing writers on wattpad doing face reveals or plugging their instagrams and twitters and they're all fucking cute and i'm just here

anyway i officially have a soft spot for jae and seungcheol because i'm writing a chapter about them and you better love them as much as i do or i'll be angy

also americans pls explain how your government works because i'm doing school work and your way of electing a president makes zero sense. it makes about as much sense as your current choice of president, zero sense.

this is a long ass authors note but this is the only time i feel like i'm talking to people so. please talk to me like tell me how your day was or how your love life is please because i haven't spoken to anyone outside of my family for months now