part 8

~the next day~

I arrived at the place Wanda told me to meet her at. From the outside, it was a pretty empty, abandoned building, owned by Stark Industries. Wanda arrived and entered a code to get inside. It was pretty bleak, to be honest. I had no idea why we should practise and train here.

However (as usual) I was heavily mistaken. As soon as she opened the door, I saw people in lab coats walking around to get to huge laboratories, with all sorts of new technology embedded into the systems. Remind me not judge a book by its cover!

'This is sometimes used by S.H.I.E.L.D. But Tony let me borrow a room for us to train in.' Wanda led me to a large, empty room. The walls were white, with blue lines, almost like veins, shining through. 'These walls are embedded with vibranium. Perfect for practice!'

But, there was someone already there. As he turned around, I couldn't believe my eyes. Peter. He clapped his hands together and said, 'so should we get started then?'

I shot a look at Wanda, the kind that said 'really, Wanda? Was this necessary?' She merely smiled back and I rolled my eyes. 'I guess so!' I nervously said.

~the next day~

Training was great! Instead of wishing I didn't have powers, and thinking I was an alien, of sorts, I actually appreciated them a bit more.

I was standing by my locker, at school waiting for MJ. I wished I could tell her everything that happened, but I had to hold it back.

*Peter's POV*

I took a deep breath and walked towards Lilia. She was probably really nervous about everything that's just happened, so I figured I'd give her advice.

'Hey Lil, how are you holding up?'

'Okay...I guess. I just don't know how you manage it all, if I'm honest.'

'I know it's a lot to take in, but it gets better, I promise!' I gave her a cheeky smile.

'Thanks, Pete.

'So...I was wondering if you'd like to hang out some time, later...maybe? Like, just the two of us.' I stopped looking at the floor to properly look at my face and blushed. God, it would be so embarrassing if she said no.

'Like...a date?

'Well I guess...it's fine if you don't want t-'

'Yes! Peter, I'd love to!' Woah maybe she liked me too?!

'Really?! Woah okay cool...I'll um...text you the details I guess?'

'That would be great, thanks again Peter.' We awkwardly smiled at each other for a few moments before heading off to our lessons.

*Lilia's POV*

Oh. My. God. Peter asked me out! I couldn't believe it, I was ecstatic. I couldn't concentrate in any of my lessons, that's how restless I was. I spent all day checking my phone, looking for notifications, waiting for that one message.

It was 5pm, I was at home, and quickly losing hope. Maybe he forgot? But then, at last, I finally got it.

 Maybe he forgot? But then, at last, I finally got it