You can't run from memories forever

He jumped when a loud pop noise came from the living room followed by voices.
"Dammit I left my bag at home."
"Shh she's asleep!" He hushed his two best friends as he jogged into the room. They looked at him with mixed expressions of shock and intrigue.
"What!" Blaise yelled and Pansy punched him.
"Shh! Who is it?" She whispered.
"Hermione..."
"Granger! Well done mate! What did you have to-"
"Blaise! Shut it! What happened?"
"Weasel set fire to her house after they had a fight. He hit her too and now she is terrified of basically anything. She won't eat and-"
He broke off abruptly as blood curdling screams came from the guest bedroom.
"Shit -I forgot the dreamless sleep." He muttered as he ran to her room. His friends followed and all three were shocked at what they saw. The young lady was screaming and writhing. She rolled off the bed and slammed into the bookshelf. It fell on her with a sickening crunch and the screaming seized. The slytherins ran to her, Pansy and Draco both had tears in their eyes as they tried to lift the heavy bookcase. Draco remembered his wand and hoarsely whispered the levitation spell.
"Wingardium leviosa."
They stared at her. She looked...dead...but she couldn't be...the gryfinndor princess that worked so hard to bring the houses together...even after the war she convinced most people to not hate the slytherins,at least not openly...she couldn't be...yet...her frail body was broken and crushed. She had tear tracks on her face and blood trickled from her nose and her temple.
"Rennervate." Draco muttered and miraculously it worked. He felt relieved as she showed signs of regaining consciousness. Unfortunately one of those signs was the agonising pain. Blaise ran in with a group of 6 healers and Draco was dragged out of the room.
"For Merlins sake, how could I have been so stupid!"
"Draco stop. There was nothing any of us could have done and you know it. Stop blaming yourself." Pansy enveloped him in a hug ,but he couldn't stay still for long. He kept pacing the room until one of the healers walked out.
"Miss Granger is stable. She isn't strong enough for transport though so she'll have to stay here."
Draco didn't hear anything else, he just walked past the kind but nervous looking wizard and into her room.
"Sir, she's asleep. Don't worry she's had a dreamless sleep potion. There is a case of potions over there with the instructions. Please do not hesitate to call us Mr Malfoy. Good luck."
Draco didn't leave her side until she woke up the next day around 10pm. Pansy and Blaise stayed the night,  ringing in refreshments and coffee for their friend. Neither had ever seen him look so lost, even during the whole Draco-you-will-become-a-death-eater-or-we-will-brutally-kill-everyone-you-love fiasco.

Around 10am the next day...
"Mione?"
She froze and her eyes showed no signs of recognition. She looked terrified and confused.
"Harry...Ron...Vold-"
She sat bolt upright. The pain, fear and feeling of disorientation was almost overwhelming. She turned to Draco with tears ,once again, streaming down her cheeks.
"What did you do to them! Where are they?"
"Mione stop. They are s-"
Her face paled almost instantly when she looked into his eyes.
"B-B-Bellatrix."
She lunged at him, trying to free herself from Blasie's firm grip. Neither of them had even noticed him walk in. After a few minutes of furious and slightly desperate struggling and yelling, she gave up. She fell back onto her pillows, pulled the covers up to her neck and stared at the wall.
For the next few days, she stayed like that,silent and still. It was tearing Draco apart.
"Pansy. You have to talk to her. Call Potter if you must, just get her to snap out of this."

"Mione?" Harry said nervously as he stepped into the dimly lit room. Despite the warnings, nothing could have prepared him for for this. He went and stood right in front of her face, disturbed by how skinny she was, the scars, the blood, the bruises, her glassy unfocused eyes.
"Harry run! It's not safe!" She looked around nervously before continuing. "They're here!"
Harry stared at her in shock. He was going to kill Ron.
"Mione it's okay, everyone's safe."
"Harry go! They'll get you!" She screamed hysterically whilst she shook his shoulders. He was so distracted and bewildered that he almost didn't notice Draco lead Severus Snape into the room. Snape pointed his wand at the girl and muttered under his breath. She gasped, shuddered and collapsed onto Harry's chest. His eyes were wide as he gently laid her down and stared at Snape.
"Potter, relax. It's temporary. She would just have hurt you or herself...more... Are you hurt?"
Harry shook his head and Snape handed him a calming potion which he gratefully accepted and drank in one gulp.
"What happened?" Severus asked.
Together, Draco and Harry told him everything. Even the boys discovered disturbing news. Draco was horrified to discover that she'd hated food with a determined passion since the first year, Harry was shocked to hear about her final year, and her hospital stay. Harry felt bad, he should have returned to Hogwarts like she'd begged him to. Even Snape was worried now. Even he had to admit it. He felt guilty. They all did, in one way or another.
"It sounds like Miss Granger has just been dealing with too much for too long. She may never fully recover. I think it would be best for her to stay here for now as she is extremely underweight and deficient in many essential vitamins. It would be best to start her course soon. Are you ready?" The boys both nodded and Draco walked out of the room.
"How is she?" Pansy rushed over to the blonde slytherin, who ignored her and grabbed a bottle of fire whisky out of the cupboard and started chugging it.