9

She wrote out several notes. For Harry and Ginny, Severus and Draco. Goodbye notes. As she wrote, she could feel her heart breaking. The last letter she wrote was the worst.

Dear Draco
-She was crying as she finished the final, short letter-
Sorry for never being good enough. For being a mudblood. I love you Draco. You deserve so much better than me.
All my love, Hermione xx

Then she left the notes on the kitchen table and walked out the front door.

........................................................................................................................................................

When she got to Diagon Alley, she sat down against a wall and cried. For everything. Ron. Draco. Harry and Ginny. Severus. Her parents. Her house. Herself. Dammit, she was meant to be the gryfinndor princess and here she was wallowing in self pity and planning to kill herself. After a while, she stood up and ran.

"Hermione?" She spun around to see Hagrid striding towards her.
"Was wrong with you girl? Why yer sad?"
She was rooted to the spot with fear, unable to think straight.
"Yer soaked Mione. Come on, let's go get you a butter beer."
They walked to the three broomsticks and she sank down into a chair. Smiling, Hagrid took the seat opposite her. She told him everything, apart from her intentions of being here.
"I just fancied a stroll." She lied when he asked. After nearly an hour, a bedraggled Draco Malfoy ran in.
"Mione!"
She squeaked and tried to hide under the table. Hagrid however has other plans and called him over. Draco ran over and roughly pulled Hermione out from under the table. Before she could do anything, he pulled her into a tight embrace, kissing her head as she shivered and dripped.
"Never do that to me again!"
She stared at the floor, dipping the toe of her boot in the growing puddle of water.
"What did she do?" Hagrid asked.
"Left us suicide notes ."
Hagrid was aghast. "Mione! What's wrong? Why?"
Hermione stepped back and flinched when Draco grabbed her arm.
"Harry, Snape and Ginny are all frantic. You scared us. Even Ron's worried."
At the mention of Ron's name, her eyes flitted up at Draco for the first time.
"No he isn't dead yet. He moved in with Charlie."
"Oh!"
"But you don't need him. You have loads of people who love you. I need to take you home, you'll die of pneumonia otherwise. Sorry Hagrid we'll send you an owl soon."
Hermione fell to the floor and Draco quickly scooped her into his arms and ran to the fire place. Floo would be quickest.