13

When Hermione woke up, she had magical restraints firmly holding her and Severus was worriedly watching her.
"Where's Ginny?!"
"Ginny is out at work, perfectly healthy. It was just the shock."
"Let me go."
"Hermione I can't. In this state you're a danger to yourself and oth-"
"And other!" She finished bitterly as tears filled her eyes.
"Hermione, you know I didn't mean tha-"
"Don't!" She cut him off harshly and turned away. For the next few days, Hermione was silent and still. On the 4th day, Severus removed her restraints and she blinked up at him in surprise as she rubbed her wrists.
"You need to stop thinking like this. You're right, I have no right to keep you here. You're not a prisoner, we're just trying to keep you safe."
She beckoned him closer and in a split second, she grabbed his wand and whispered hoarsely,
"Avada kedr-"
"No!"
Snape lunged at her and sent them both sprawling to the floor. She recoiled at his touch and curled up into a ball.
"Shh. Shh. It's okay. We're all in this together. You can get through this."
"No. I don't want to. Why can't you just let me die. I don't want to fucking do this anymore. I'm going out."
Severus Snape watched as she stood up and walked out the room. He heard the front door slam before he sent a letter to Harry and Ginny, and one to Draco before trying to decide what to do next.

"Why did you just let her go!"
"Harry I had to. She was miserable and her thoughts were just getting darker and more desperate."
"Do you know where she might be?"
"No, not for sure but I know that she thought about a pub a lot. I don't know which one, but a muggl-"
"I know where she'll be. Let's go." Draco ordered. He waited impatiently for the 2 other men and they side along apparated with Draco.
"Act like a muggle. Follow me."
They followed him up to the bar, where a certain young lady was laughing and drinking with a stranger. She was definitely drunk. They watched in horror as the muggle man took her hand and led her out to the back door.
"Where are they going?" Snape asked.
"I don't know. We need to follow them." The Malfoy boy stood up and followed his girlfriend and the muggle.
"Shit." Harry muttered.
Hermione was barely conscious, slumped against the alley wall and the man was running away. She stirred and looked up into Draco's eyes.
"No."
"Mione please. You're drunk and we need to go."
He scooped her up in his arms and apperated home. This time he'd do things properly, show her how much she meant to him. How much he loved her.