#87

Sorry this took so long to update. I've been busy with band and I'm tired all the time and when I do have free time it's spent on homework.

William Carver (2003)

I spent yet another night drinking my pain away at the local bar. I took home a pretty young red head, with less freckles than Alysha had, but she made do.

I woke up with her sleeping next to me. She had her face covered in the blankets, only her fiery red hair could be seen.

I sat up in the bed, and rubbed my eyes. I couldn't even feel my aching head, I was so used to having hangovers.

As I walked into the kitchen, I caught a glimpse of the broken picture frames and glass lining the bottom of the wall.

I looked back at the girl laying in my bed. The woman is the fifth girl I've brought home since Alice.

But I've lost track of the girls I've laid with since Alysha.

I made myself a cup of coffee, then sat at the island facing the front window overlooking the city. I heard rustling come from my room and I looked down the hall to see the girl walking down the hall.

Something about her was different from the rest of the girls I brought home. She would never be as wonderful as Alysha, and hopefully not as crazy as Alice, but she seemed to have a great personality.

I smiled at her. Usually the women wake up before me and I never see them again. "Good morning."

"Good morning." She smiled back.

"Would you like a cup coffee?" I stood up.

"Sure." She sat down across from where I was. I set down my cup, and poured her one. I noticed I accidentally grabbed Alysha's. It was too late to put it back now.

I handed the cup to her. She eyed it suspiciously. "Wifey?" Cue fear, "oh no! Are you married?"

"I was married. She left me about five years ago."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Her eyes widened. "I didn't mean to—"

"No, it's fine. I'm over her." I sat back down. "What's your name?"

"Anne."

"Ah that's right." I smirked. "I'm William, but everyone calls me Bill."

"Hi Bill." Anne laughed. Her watch beeped and she shot up. "Shit. I have to take my little sister to her appointment."

"Could I have your number?" I asked, hoping I could get it.

She smiled, and I could've sworn I saw her eyes sparkle. "Sure." She found a piece of paper and a pen her purse she managed to track down, and handed me the small slip. "See you later?"

"See you later." I waved as she ran out the door.

I opened the fridge and pulled out last nights pulled pork. I heated the container. I poured out some for myself, and two more plates. I left my plate on the island to cool.

The other two plates were steaming hot, so I hoped I didn't drop them. I walked down my hallway, until I reached the gray door.