Part 1

Unfortunately, I have been unable to make a cover for this. I will find a away. But some of you guys have been waiting so here are the first two chapters.

WARNING: TALKS OF CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE. (Aftermath)

-

Shawn Mendes's job was tough. Not in the physical way, although there were moments were it was, but in the emotional and mental way. But he knew that was what he wanted to do for the rest of his life. And his wife made sure he didn't go too deep into his work. He knew his work would take over his life if it weren't for her, Karla Camila Cabello.

At the moment, he was at the dinner table, wanting to wrap his mind around his day at work. Seeing those pictures and videos were horrendous. He heard footstep get closer. He didn't have to turn to know who it was. His wife walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him. She kissed his cheek and smiled softly. "Is everything okay?"

"There are so many videos and pictures."

"I'm sorry," Camila whispered, moving to sit on his lap. She made him look at her. "Talk to me."

Shawn closed her eyes. "There are more videos of her."

Camila sighed, rubbing his shoulders. She grabbed his cup and refilled it. "How old is she now?"

"We think she's five, maybe even less."

Shawn was a detective. He helped search for child predators. It took a toll in him, but Camila tried to keep him front spiraling.

But there was one case that Shawn was invested of. A few years back, there were pornographic pictures of a two, maybe less, year child circulating the dark web. Shawn had tried to find her, wanting to rescue her. But wherever she was, she was hidden. Two years after the initial photograph, videos started to pop up. Shawn felt sick to his stomach when he saw a small part. He went home and cried. Camila held him until he fell asleep.

It was three years and Shawn was nowhere near close of finding the girl, Lolo.

Shawn sat with Camila on his lap. They sat in silence, their minds racing. Shawn just hoped the girl was safe wherever she was.

-

Shawn was wearing his uniform, his bulletproof vest pressed up against his body. He felt his gun in his hand. He took a deep breath, not knowing if he wanted to or didn't want to use his gun. His team had gotten an address to a member of a child pornography ring. Shawn watched as another detective bust the door down. Shawn and the team stormed into the house, guns raised.

He froze when he saw a little girl sitting in a corner. Her hand wrapped around a stuffed bears arm. The little girl had dark brown hair, pale skin. She was wearing a pyjamas. But it was her eyes that caught Shawn's attention. They were the green eyes he had been staring at and hoping to find.

With a sharp breath, he walked up to the girl and put his gun away. He raised his hands and knelt down in front of the girl. The little girl's eyes scanned the room. He could see the fear in them. He smiled when the girl looked at him.

"Hey, it's okay, you don't have to be scared," Shawn told her, but the little girl just stared at him, raising her bear to hide her face. "What's your name?"

No answer.

"Who's your little friend?"

The girl hugged the bear.

"My name is Shawn, and I just want to make sure your friend is okay," Shawn told her, giving her a smile.

The girl looked to her bear. She offered her bear to Shawn and watched him as he placed the bears mouth to his ear. He nodded, "Oh, okay. Yeah, I'll ask." He turned to Lauren, who looked interested. "He wants me to know his name, can I know his name?"

"'enji."

"Benji? It's nice to meet you. Can you tell me your name?"

"L-Lauwen," the girl answered, her hands reaching for the bear..

Shawn gasped. "Princess Lauren? I've been searching for you." He gave her a bow. Lauren giggled. Shawn smiled. "Can I save you from his castle?"

"Daddy?" Lauren asked, looking up at him.

"He'll be out too," Shawn answered, his hand clenching at his side. He took a deep breath and stood up. He offered the girl his hand and lead her out of the room. Shawn flinched when her heard shouts. There were loud bangs.

Lauren looked around, fear in her eyes. "Daddy?"

Shawn knew what happened, he crouched down in front of Lauren. "You're safe now."

"Daddy!" Lauren cried, wanting to run back into the house Shawn stopped her, holding her while the girl cried.

Shawn held her as she cried. It didn't take long for her to stop crying. She was just leaning into Shawn, Benji in her arms. Shawn watched all the officers and detectives walk out. When he found the one he was looking for he started his walk towards him.

"Austin!"

The detective in question turned and smiled. He looked at the little girl in her arm with a raised eyebrow. "What's sup?"

"Do you still have your stash?"

A grin appeared on Austin's face. He signaled for the detective to follow him. They walked to his car and the other guy opened it. He took out a box and took the lid off, revealing an array of Doritos. "So glad you live up to your name," Shawn said, smiling. He rubbed Lauren's back. "Hey Lauren, do you want some Doritos?"

"Dowito?" Lauren asked, raising her head. She looked around and her eyes widened. "F-fo' me?"

Shawn and Austin nodded their head.

"You can have two, one for you and one for your little friend," Austin told the girl, smiling.

Lauren's eyes widened. She turned to Benji, giving him a small nod. She shyly pointed to the cheese and cool ranch ones. Austin nodded. He grabbed two bags, one of each and handed it to Lauren, who hugged the bags. "T-t'ank mis'er."

Austin nodded. "Find me if you need more."

Shawn turned and looked at the girl. "What do you say we get out of here?"

"Daddy?"

"Want to see my cool car?" Shawn asked, ignoring the question.

"'enji too?"

"Of course. Prince Benji will be going with us too," he said, getting an excited nod from the little girl. He raised his hand, calling for his partner. Dinah Jane walked up to him.

"Is this his daughter?" Dinah asked, looking at the little girl.

Shawn nodded. "We have to get her checked out."

Dinah nodded her head. She grabbed her keys and walked to the squad car. Shawn placed Lauren on the back seat and placed the seatbelt on her. He did the same with Benji on the seat next to her. Lauren looked up at him.

"I'm gonna sit on the other end, okay?"

Lauren nodded her head. Shawn quickly moved around the car and sat next to Benji. "Lauren, Benji, this is my good friend Dinah. Dinah, these are Princess Lauren and Prince Benji."

Lauren giggled, kicking her little legs. Shawn smiled, not knowing what the future held, but was grateful to have saved another angel.