Part 6

Part 6.

I watched Sorry For Your Loss, on Facebook Watch, it's a good show. It's with Elizabeth Olsen and it's sad, but funny. I loved Endgame, and the soundtrack was beautiful. Game of Thrones had me at the edge of my seat.

-

Lauren rubbed her eyes, letting out a little yawn. She had been living with Shawn and Camila for a few months now, and things were so different than what she was used to. Ms. Normani said that her daddy wasn't acting like a real daddy was supposed to. She said the way Shawn acted around her was the right way.

But her daddy loved her. So Ms. Normani had to be wrong, right? Shawn was a friend. He wasn't her daddy. Her daddy knew what was best for her.

But she liked how nice Shawn was. She liked how he'd have tea parties with her. How he'd watched her shows with her. How he always asked what she wanted.

And she also liked how Camila hugged her. How she had dress parties with her. How Camila let her play in the mud, her daddy didn't like that because he said good girls stayed clean for their daddies. Sometimes Shawn joined in mud fights and Camila would scold at them, but Shawn would just grin.

But the best part was that Shawn didn't stick anything in her. She never liked that with Daddy, but he told her that it made her a good girl. That she had to let him do what he wanted if she was a good girl. And she was. She wanted to be a really good girl.

There was a knock on the door, getting her attention.

"Can I come in?" she heard Camila ask. She heard Auntie Manibear tell Shawn and Camila something about consent and always asking. And they always did. They'd ask if she needed help getting dressed, if she wanted a hug, if they could touch her (always over the clothes and never in the places her daddy liked).

"Yes," Lauren answered, grabbing Benji and hugging him.

"Can I sit?"

Lauren nodded her little head.

Camila sat on the bed, and smiled. "What do you say we go to the park, and then we can get ice cream."

Lauren's eyes widened. She liked ice cream. And she loved spending time with Camila. She nodded her head. She got off her bed and looked at the jeans and white shirt Camila was wearing. She walked to her drawers and picked out jeans and a white shirt.

Camila smiled at her. "I'll go iron these. Do you need help brushing your teeth?"

Lauren shook her head. She gave Camila her clothes. "T'ank you."

"You are very welcome Princess Lauren."

Lauren grinned at Camila. She walked to the bathroom, ready to use her princess toothbrush Shawn and Camila got her.

Reason number two hundred and sixty-five of why she liked staying with them.

-

Lauren let out a loud laugh as Camila pushed the swing. She kept her eye on the little girl, whose hands were gripping the chains, her legs swinging, and her eyes closed. Camila wasn't pushing the swing too hard, but she knew it was enough for little Lauren.

"Want to go on the slide?" Camila asked the little girl, who nodded her head. She waited until Camila stopped the swing. The woman helped her off the swing and both walked to the slide. Lauren pulled Camila up to the play structure. Lauren tapped the bottom part of the top of the slide. "You want me to sit down?"

Lauren nodded. She sat down between Camila's legs. She snuggled up to the older woman as Camila wrapped her arms around the girl and pushed off the slide. Lauren let out yell, giggling as they went down the slide.