Part 4

Shawn slowly became alert as his body and brain woke up. He let out a yawn as he slowly opened his eyes. He felt his back crack as he stretched, slightly confused as to why he was asleep on the ground.

Sitting up, he saw Camila asleep. He looked at his bed, seeing a small body asleep. He felt himself smile as he remembered why. He grabbed his phone and stood up. He quickly brushed his teeth and went out to get breakfast ready. He wanted Lauren to have a good breakfast.

He was into his cooking, he didn't notice to two girls behind him. He turned when he saw his wife and Lauren. He walked over to them and gave Camila her morning kiss. He then turned to Lauren, who was holding Benji.

Crouching in front of the little girl, Shawn gave her a little smile. "Are you still mad at me?"

Lauren nodded her head. She leaned into Camila, her little hand gripping the older woman's pants.

Shawn just gave her a small smile. "Well, I made pancakes and bacon. Do you want some?"

Lauren nodded her head, looking up at Shawn. Her green eyes were filled with sadness.

The Detective smiled. He offered Lauren his hand, and the little girl took it. He helped Lauren onto one of the chairs. Camila went to get the orange juice for them while Shawn set the table.

"What's the plan for today?" Camila asked, smiling at her husband.

"We get Lauren's room ready. Get her clothes. Maybe set up her appointments with Normani."

Camila nodded, taking the cups to the table. Lauren was watching, her chin on the table. Her eyes followed Shawn and Camila wherever they went around the kitchen. Shawn placed a plate in front of Lauren. The little girl watched as Camila placed the cups of juice on the table.

Once everyone was on the table, Shawn turned to Lauren, who was poking one of the pancakes.

"Have you had pancakes before?" Shawn questioned, reaching over and cutting the fluffy treat into pieces. He then gave Lauren a plastic fork. The little girl stabbed one of the pieces and dipped in on the syrup that was next to it. She looked up at the two adults in front of her.

"Do you like it?" Camila asked, getting a nod in return. Shawn smiled, as he watched Lauren eat her breakfast. Camila turned to her husband. "So I'll help her clean up and then we can go shopping?"

Shawn nodded. "Sounds good. I'll clean up here while you help her."

The three ate silently, the two adults watched as Lauren shoved the fork in her mouth. It was adorable to watch. The little girl was giving the food all her attention.

-

Camila was kneeling next to the bathtub, her hand running through the water. She wanted the temperature to be perfect before she went to get Lauren. She was about to leave the restroom when she saw Lauren's head peek out. Camila smiled, before having that smile disappear. The little girl was naked, holding her stuffed bear.

"Lauren, where are your clothes?"

"Daddy, uh, nakie, he happy," the little girl said, nodding her head.

Camila grabbed the towel and covered her shoulders. She knew that was a perfect time to teach her something. She sat down on the floor, with Lauren on her lap. The little girl was rubbing the towel.

"No Lauren. Being naked should never make your daddy happy," Camila whispered, her hand running through Lauren's hair.

"No?"

"No. The only time you should be naked is if you're going to shower or change. And you do that in your room or in here, promise?" Camila asked her, holding out her pinky.

Lauren frowned. She gave the woman a small nod. Camila smiled and gently grabbed Lauren's hand, hooking the girl's pinky with her own.

"Let's get you all cleaned up, yeah?"

Lauren nodded her head. The older woman placed the girl in the tub (and her bear on the toilet seat) and started to pour water over her head. Lauren's eyes closed.

"Feels nice, yeah?"

Lauren hummed. Camila smiled, scrubbing the little girl. Camila's hand went through Lauren's hair, seeing the girl lean into her touch. She smiled.

"Keep your eyes closed, I'm going to put shampoo on your hair, okay?"

Lauren nodded her head. Camila started to scrub the shampoo in her hair. She smiled as she saw Lauren relax.

"Tilt your head back a little." She told the three year old, who did as she was told. Camila started to pour water on her head, to take out the shampoo. She did the same with the conditioner.

After making sure she did an okay job bathing the girl, Camila let the water go down the drain and pulled Lauren out. The little girl looked confused.

"What's wrong?"

"Daddy, uh, c'ean," Lauren told her, pointing to the area between her legs.

Camila paled. She shook her head. "No Lauren. Your body cleans itself in there."

"'ay," Lauren whispered, still looking confused.

Camila gave her a small smile, patting her down with the towel. She knew Lauren was paying attention to everything. Probably comparing everything to what her father did.

Camila didn't believe in violence. But she knew in that moment she wanted to kill that man.

-

Shawn smiled when he saw Camila and Lauren walk up to him. The little girl was wearing one of Shawn's shirts that was covering her whole body. The little girl was holding her teddy bear.

"Ready to go?" Shawn asked, wanting to laugh at how drowned Lauren looked in his shirt. And she was going to look worse after they put Camila's sweater over her.

Before his wife could answer, there was a knock on the door. Frowning, Shawn went to answer it.

Dinah, Ally, Normani were standing in front of him, each holding bags.

"What are you girls doing here?"

"We know you guys have the money and all, but we wanted to help. If you and Mila are going to play mommy and daddy, we are going to be aunties," Dinah answered, grinning.

"We have clothes, toys, books. Austin is getting the furniture from his truck," Ally told him, waving at Lauren, who was watching with Camila.

Shawn smiled as he let the three women enter the house. He went to help Austin bring in the boxes.

The two detectives got the furniture into the house and moved it to the corner.

"Hailee is coming later with lunch," Austin told his friend, going back to his car and grabbing a few bags of Doritos.

The two men walked back into the house, seeing the women sitting around the couch, with Lauren sitting in front of them, looking through the bags.

Lauren was putting the stuffed animals in a line.

"What are you doing?" Shawn asked, sitting next to her.

"'ive names," Lauren answered, nodding her head.

"What are their names?"

Lauren grabbed the bunny and showed it to Shawn. "'amz." She grabbed the red panda. "Lawn." She started to name the other ones, but Shawn was stuck on the first two names.

Austin crouched down next to her. "Hey Princess Lauren, I have more Doritos for you and Prince Benji."

Lauren looked up at him. "Yes Mis'er 'wito."

Austin nodded and walked to sit next to Camila. Shawn sat back and looked at the group of people around him. Although missing one or two people, that was his family now. And he was glad.

Lauren had Camz and Lawn, and that was all she needed, and Shawn was going to make sure it stayed like that.

-

Honestly, I regret this. I don't really know where I'm going with this story. Welp. (Am working on the next Wolf Girl chapter.)