-:\NINE/:-

Tord was sure Yuu would be an idiot and still try killing him when he was around the others. The guy had a Red Army uniform; guess his mind never really left the Red Army while his body did...

This proved to be an obvious problem. A few days back, Katya had asked him, "What's your problem with Yuu, huh?"

He said, "..He's trying to kill me?" And of course no one believed him. Yuu was their trustworthy friend.

Now he was talking to Mark about this. "I don't doubt he isn't wanting to kill you." Mark says, his eyes not moving from some book he was reading.

"Wait- You don't? You actually believe me?" Tord says in disbelief.

"Yuu was in the Red Army most of his adult life until a year ago when he left and we found him. Rumor has it he was high ranking and conversed with you- Er, the Red Leader often." Mark says, "Plus the obvious fact of killing you kills the Red Leader. Right?" He looks up at Tord this time.

"Uh.., yeah, I guess. That's what everyone's assuming. Thomas said so too, before- nevermind." Even if he didn't really know this Tom, he still felt utterly sick about him being dead by this Red Leader's hand. What was the Tom he knew doing right now? Did he miss him? Or maybe while he's here no time is progressing there, and no one knows he's even gone..?

"You have to leave, or he will kill you. His mentality for that hasn't changed despite leaving the army. He thinks this is the right thing to do, so he's going to do it." Mark mutters, "You should try to find Pau; he's your father, right? I don't know if he'll be able to help you go back or not, but I'm sure he wouldn't start trying to kill you and all."

"..Find Pau? How?" Tord was almost afraid of the idea.

"I'm not sure, but Yuu wouldn't be able to find you there." Mark concludes, giving his attention back to his book.

He probably should leave, but how would he find Pau?

-

Tord wasn't at school the next day. Or the day after that. After he was a no show on the third day, and rumors of him dropping high school started floating around, Tom had had enough. He went straight to Tord's house after school to figure out what was going on. He rang their doorbell.

After a minute, Pat opens the door, "Oh, hello Tom-" He starts, sounding glum as Tom interrupted him.

"Where's Tord!?" He demands.

"T-Tord?" Pat says, his face twisting into a frown as he looks at his feet, "He never came back after he went to that party. I don't know where he is.."

"And you haven't said anything to anyone?"

"He's a kid, he probably just needed time alone." Pau says as he appears behind Pat, a cigar in his mouth. "Not the first time he's disappeared like this, remember?"

Tom remembered real well, but this time he actually knew something was wrong. Some version of himself abducted Tord?

"He was ignoring us all morning before he left, maybe we were being too harsh on him the other day?" Pat reasons.

Pau didn't seem that concerned, "We're not harsh enough on him."

"I'm the one who saw him last." Tom says, interrupting the two. "He was following someone and then disappeared into thin air or something.. I'm not even sure what happened."

"What do you mean he was following someone? Who?" Pau immediately says.

"Uhh..," Me, Tom said to himself as he says, "I don't know.."

-

The Red Leader was fed up with Torm. After Torm had appeared, he hadn't ever really left the room. Mostly due to the Red Leader locking him inside. He was hella annoying.

"I'll ask you one more time. Nicely." He says, "Where the fuck is Bing hiding!?"

Torm shrugs, as if he didn't know, "Ohhh.., I dunno. Probably up your ass and around the corner. Of course I'm not telling you."

The Red Leader silently stared at him as the sudden thought came to him.. How did he know where Tom was, and that he was in danger?

"If I were you, I'd tell where he is before I give up with you."

"What will you do? Lock me up? Ohhh, scary." Torm's speech patterns sure seemed to pick up a lot of Tom's sarcasticness, while his actions had Tord's boldness. Horrible mixture.

"Even if you don't tell where that worm is, I'll still find him. He couldn't have gone far with just himself; and you apparently." The Red Leader concludes as someone walks into the room.

"Red Leader, Sir." She says, "There's been reports of some small attempts of an uprising in the city outside here. What should we do?"

"I really don't care. Just make them double think using their worthless existences coming down to this."

-

Would Pau be where Tord had always lived? Or was that place gone, too? Or was he at the Red Army base? Or some complete different city? Tord had no idea where to start looking at all.

"This is stupid.." He mutters to himself under his breath. He was stuck in the future, someone wanted to kill him, he's the worst person alive in the future, his only way out of here was dead and gone, and now he was looking for his father? Why? He didn't see much benefit in this.

Pau would probably be quite upset anyways, he always angered quickly after all. And with Pat apparently dead, there's no one regulating him anymore.

This whole situation; completely and utterly stupid.