Chapter 1- Beautiful mother

(3 years before season 4)

We come down the road to enter a small town.I look at Clementine who's holding A.J. as he sleeps peacefully on Her shoulder.I look straight ahead the suns setting not much light left,no noise,dead silence it's a ghost town not even a walker is in sight or heard. Windows on buildings are either barred up or broken ,cars losing their color due to rust chipping it off,the only sound we hear is our footsteps hitting the concrete making a slight echo throughout this ghost town.

"We should check some of these houses." I say tryna break the silence with a idea.

"What for this place seems to be picked clean not like there's much of anything."she says looking around.

"Yea but you never know what we could find we don't have much supplies left anyway."

We both look at our backpacks which feel lighter everyday.

"All we have left are some bandages a can of beans a bottle of water and a small box of crackers barely even half full."

"Didn't we have some fruit?" She says

I pull out a rotting apple that has holes all over it, it's starting to turn black and smells putrid I hold my nose while holding it up by the stem that's barely holding on.

"You still wanna eat it?"

Clementine covers her nose to

"Just throw it away."

I throw it right into a brick wall that instantly explodes upon hitting the brick wall,pieces of the apple just plop on the ground making a squishing noise exposing the yellow inside.

"Well that's our last fruit which is why I still think we should check this place out while we still can plus it's gonna get dark soon."

"Fine Y/N pick." She says while looking around

I walk forward a little bit down the street and look to my right it's a two story brick building the windows have plywood nailed against it the wooden door looks old and easy to knock down

"Hmmm.... this one" I point right at it.

"Alright." She sighs looking hesitant but still walking straight toward it

I kick the door hard and it swings right open it was a little convenience store the shelves are all empty there's a door right in the corner of the room I walk over and it's unlocked i look inside and it's a set of stairs in a narrow hallway leading to the second floor.

"We'll go up there in a second Clem."

"Why there's nothing here."

"Always gotta check everything." I say while leaping over the the counter I rummage through the cabinets anything that's closed.

".....Aha!"

"What is it?" She asked.

"Picked clean you say what is this then?" I exclaimed while holding up a Twinkie

She laughs trying to cover mouth but still smiles right at me I smile right back I really do love to see her smile I start feeling warm but I shake it off I look at her and  she's still smiling.