Chapter 8- drunk guard

After leaving the infirmary I'm escorted to where Samuel wanted to meet me.we head back to the factory.It's getting dark,soon everybody is going to call it a day, I see Clementine for a brief moment but continue to walk inside the factory.I head up a couple floors until we finally reach his office.

"In there I'll wait outside when he's done with you."

"Ok."

I left the guard waiting outside and walk in to see Samuel sitting down in his chair.

"Oh hey your here."

He points at another chair across from him.

"Sit down."

"What do you want?" I said while sitting down

"First what the hell's your name again I forget people's names all the time."

"Y/N."

"Ohhh yea that was your name, Y/N your here one day and your already fighting and getting sent to the damn infirmary, you gotta see how that looks on you."

"I don't care how it looks on me I fought to stand up for someone."

"Oh yea that girl that you came with, what's her name?"

"Clementine."

"Right Clementine pretty name, so you did it to show off for you girlfriend we know how that turned out." He said laughing that last part out.

"She's not my girlfriend and like I said to stand up for her."

I glare at him not breaking eye contact.

"That's why I wanted to see you again."

"What do you mean?"

"When you were out there ranting about how much of an bad of a guy I was I tried to stare you down make you shut up by just looking at you."

"I saw no fear in your eyes you chested up to me and everybody else,you were pissed but I didn't see once that you were willing to back down even after that beating I can tell you were ready to put your hands back up again weren't you?"

He's right I was if I had to for Clementine or for myself I would fight again.

"So what if I would why do you care?"

He jerks out of his seat yelling out loud my remark

"Why do I care!? My community needs people like you strong people who fight even when they seem defeated, I can make you into my best solider you and Clementine, I got word that she's a fighter to and if it's just been the both of you until now it's no surprise you've survived."

"You guys can have a future here within my community within Alcott."

Alcott so that's what they call this place.

I'm baffled that this guy actually thinks I'll want to work for him, Clementine would never,anyone here against their will doesn't he's crazy if he thinks I will.

"What the hell makes you think I'll actually be willing to?"

"I'm not expecting you to but your not going anywhere so either way with time you will be I know you will, with all that fight and rage you got in you working like everybody else won't cut it for you."

"Your fucking crazy."

"A monster right?"

"Yea you are."