Chapter 6-Never broken a promise

We all started off by carrying the concrete bags out of the u haul trucks. Hours pass by, I wipe my brow trying to prevent the sweat from dripping into my eyes, the cold wind blows aggressively making me tumble a little bit. I put the heavy bag over my shoulders trying to make it easier on me, we were told to put the bags along with everything else inside the factory, my arms are aching and we're barely done with the first truck.I look over to where the guard tower is and see where the trucks have come in it's the only exit I've seen so far in this place and the gate seems to be controlled by the guard in the tower as it opens to let a truck inside. I look back and see Clementine try to support the bag on her shoulders but fails, she drops it on the ground she breathes heavily sweat dripping off her nose. I quickly go over to help her carry her bag.

"She can do it herself!"

A guard tells me I turn around to face her.

"She's tired can you just give her a couple of minutes to rest?"

"Nobody here is on break yet that means that she isn't either." She looks over to Clementine "pick it up." Clementine looks back at me still obviously tired.

"She's right I can do it."

She grabs the bag straight off the ground and heaves it over her shoulder. "Come on Y/N."
She begins walking towards the factory, I follow right behind her. Clem's strength is completely admirable she's the toughest person I've ever known and I love that about her.

I look behind me and see that the guard that was talking to me and Clem looks at us but then turns around and walks away, once we put the bags in the factory and come back outside she's gone. I look around and in fact don't see any guards not even the ones on the guard towers. I quickly estimate the time from when she left to when I came back outside and I start counting inside my head. After carrying more things inside a guard appears in the tower but someone completely different but still no one down here with us. I mark the time from when the new guard came to the tower and started counting again from there. I stop and wait by the truck we're carrying things out of,other prisoners look at me funny with me just standing there. I ignore their faces and continue counting until a new guard comes over from around another truck this time it's a male guard instead .I quickly grab something and start walking again before he can say anything to me. I work my way to Clementine and once I catch up to her I whisper to her making sure no one else hears us. "7 minutes and 45 seconds."

"What?"

"That's the time it took for the two guard towers to change shifts."

"The guard that's down here with us took 8 minutes and 27 seconds they switched to."

"I thought violet said all the patrols were about 15 minutes apart?"

"Yea but she also said that each section of this place has a different pattern from when they do switch."

"Not exactly good news though it means that we have a shorter time window to deal with."

"Maybe it's also because we're in the factory, you heard Samuel they're trying to make it run again this section has to be the top priority and it's the only place I've seen with an exit."

"Wow Y/N I'm impressed."

I smile confidently. "Glad we got something out of today hopefully Louis and Violet got something to."

A whistle is blown catching our attention

"BREAK!!" A voice yells outside.

Me and Clem walk outside to see everybody else gather. A pick up truck drives up to us before stopping.