xiii.

song for the chapter: cellophane by sia.

cellophane

Waves. Literally that's all I could feel all over my body. It wasn't like waves of sickness or nausea, it was more like continual waves of anger and sadness. Kyle was here.. the guy who ruined my life, the one who continually broke me into pieces like I was just a mirror that could be smashed and the pieces of glass can be broken into more. I thought I finally escaped my past, left everything behind me like a town in a car's rear view mirror. Somehow he found out where I was and I don't know why he's here.

"Mrs. Aurea?" Mrs.Oliger called while Stiles nudged my side getting my attention. Everybody turned towards me, staring me down.p

"Huh?" I flicked my eyes up to Mrs. Oliger who had a scowl on her chubby face and her arms folded across her chest. She doesn't look too happy..

"Can you tell me what covalent bonds are?" Mrs. Oliger questions, a disappointed frown upon her red coated lips.

"Umm.." I looked to Stiles for help but he just shrugged at me which wasn't any help at all. Thanks Stiles you're the greatest best friend in the world..

"No.. I can't." I sighed tiredly.

"Pay attention." she said sharply, turning on her heel to finish drawing the diagram.

I sighed again, quietly to myself. I can't even pay attention in class without having Kyle on my mind. I haven't slept since the night I found out he was here and all I can think about is.. if Kyle's here then what if my parents figure out I'm here? What if they take me back to Oregon and shove me back in the basement? I can't go back... I have people who actually care for me and treat me like a human being.

"Acacia.." A voice called, sounding close to Kyle's voice.

I rubbed my temples as the bell rang, me instantly shoving all of my stuff in my bag and exiting out of the classroom to go out to the courtyard. What the hell is the matter with me?

I push the doors open, a blast of cold autumn air hitting my body and chilling me to the bone, causing me to wrap my arms around my body. I can't wrap my head around why I'm so freaked out- maybe it's PTSD. Im just hoping whatever the reason why Kyle is here isn't to take me back home.

"Acacia!" I turned around, a worried Scott walking towards me with a frown on his face.

I haven't told anybody about seeing Kyle, not even Scott which is kinda sad because he's my boyfriend and I can trust him with anything- but this sorta thing he can't know about. I faked a smile at Scott once he approached me, him placing one of his arms around my shoulder as we started walking towards the front steps of Beacon Hills High school.

It was uncomfortably quiet and that's usually something that never happens with Scott and I. We always find something to talk about when were together or the silence is comfortable, not uncomfortable. It felt like Scott wanted to ask me something but he didn't.

"Acacia.. are you alright?" Scott asks quietly and timidly.

I furrow my eyebrows, stopping in front of him. "What do you mean?" I say, faking confusion.

He rubs the back of his neck, looking done at me. "Well.. you seem really out of it, lately. Does it have something to do with the blood moon?"

"No.. I'm fine. I just wasn't paying attention in class." I shrugged my shoulders, lying my ass off.

I looked over Scott shoulder behind him, looking out towards the parking lot. I gulped, my head feeling a little bit light and my stomach started churning. He's here.. standing by Lydia's blue car.