Chapter 7

Morning alarm rang and she woke up. All of the night she had vivid and strange kind of dreams non of which she felt comfortable about. 

She wanted to run and never to return but sadly it had only been two month since she started to work for him. 

And yes the guards are still surrounded her and her house for some strange reason.

She was terrified of the scenario . It was like she was anticipating for some bad thing to happen and she was sure it will happen sooner or later.

 And she feels that she is still not ready for that.

She walked inside the office carrying two coffee s in her hands. She looked at the time it was straight sharp eight. She tried hard to get rid of the dark circles that showed lack of sleep. She looks tired she feels tired too.

 These nightmares are too real as if something bad was about to happen with her and she can feel it.

She looked up at the time and got inside the lift. She pressed the top floor button and was greeted by cold marble floor and glass doors again. She knocked at his cabin. 

But there was no particular response. She walked inside and there was no one.

It was little too late for him to show up. It is almost ten and he was never ever late. Maybe just maybe he was taking a vacation.

 Yes that could be a more likely scenario. He must had been tired and he must be taking a nap.

By the time lunch came she was already called on his phone and it was went straight to the voice mail. She needed his signature on the important files and she have to submit them only today. 

If she felt to do so he will loose and could lose millions from his company. And she don't want to be blamed by her boss.

She decided it would be better if she would give him a visit it will serve two purposes. First she would see if he was well and second she could take her time. 

She without second thought walked out of the building and towards her car.

He was yet to move to his new house. He was in his penthouse suite still. She drove and parked in designated space. She rode upwards to his pent house.

 It was very weird that his security didn't checked her for any kind of weapon. Actually she didn't she saw anyone of the security.

Warning bells were ringing in her head and she knew something was seriously wrong with this place and she didn't wanted to stop to find out what. 

She reached the top floor and she walked out of the elevator.

Surprisingly again she found no one in the vicinity. So she decided to check the rooms and inbuilt office. 

The office and the bedroom were like ran through a storm. Everything is out of its place. Every single thing was raided by some kind of storm.

She walked towards the kitchen to get a glass of water to calm her nerves this place had given her bad kind of vibes. 

Suddenly the glass dropped shuttering on the floor from her hand when she felt cold and metal gun touch the back of her neck.

"Don't move or I will shoot your brains out." The man said. "Hands in the air where I can see them" She raised her hands in the air standing still not moving an inch. "Walk straight towards the bedroom door" She walked towards the bedroom door . 

Suddenly she was pulled inside and she looked into those grey eyes.

"Duck" Danzell said. He shoot the men. "Why are you here?" he asked her. She was so overwhelmed that she could not found a word to say. Danzell seemed to notice her state of disorientation.

"Come stay behind me" He said. She nodded. He walked in front of her protecting her. While he was injured himself he didn't showed it.

 "Through the stairs come one fast" He said leading her to a set of stairs. Her knees bucked and she was about to fall down.

Danzell grunted and picked her up running down stairs as fast as he can. Danzell lead her to her car. He put her on the back seat.

 He put the ignition on and drove away towards her apartment. Knowing that his primary establishment had been compromised, that is only safe place for her and him for now.

They reached her apartment. During all the time Adele was shivering and shaking due to close encounter with such scenario. But this was not her first time with this. She had seen it before. She had felt it.

She only remembered the expression in his grey eyes. It was murderous and enraged. Danzell was not just a business man.

 He was hiding some deep dark secrets in him. She lay into a ball and let her tears escape as he drove towards her apartment building.

Overwhelmed and confused she was afraid of this man. What will he do with her. Now that she had seen him like this will he kill her? She scooted far away from him when he tried to touch her.

"Please don't, let me go please" She said. Danzell shied and walked opposite side of the car yanking her out. He didn't wanted to. 

He knew she was afraid of him and he felt a pang in his heart knowing that she was afraid of him.

"Come you are hurt and you need patch up" He said picking her up in bridal style and walking towards her elevator. 

She was cooped in his arm afraid of this man she had known as her saviour and her boss.

Word Count: 974 Words