Chapter 25

"So, how is Axelia?" Adele asked Christin as she put on her shoes for her bridal shower. "Same, I have to keep her under watch twenty four seven and figure out, that she doesn't find out." Christin said. Adele nodded, she felt bad for the poor child, she knew what horrors can a person go through while living in with Black brotherhood.

"Hey why don't you bring her to my wedding seeing something good might cheer her up" Christin gave it a thought. She had been living cooped up in his mansion for weeks and there is no fair change, maybe taking her to a place where people are marry making help her somewhat. "I will ask her doctors" Adele nodded.

"You Know Christin you deserve to be happy too." Adele said walking out of her room. The date was set after two days she is getting married to love of her life. But something was not right about all of these things, she can still feel something awful was about to happen. "Adele I want to tell you something" Christin said. He cannot keep this any longer hidden. She deserves to know.

"What is it?" She asked. "Adele I..." He started gathering his courage. "Mommy we are going to be late" Scarlett said. "Christin sorry this girl can be very much..." Scarlett pulled Adele out. "Sorry Christin can we talk later?" She asked.

Christin only smiled to that. He followed them with a fake smile on his face. He failed to say those words again. And what good it would exactly make? It is not that she loves him back. No she doesn't .

He watched her radiant self marry making and mingling at the crowd and she looked gorgeous. "Mommy look beautiful isn't she?" Scarlett asked Christin. "Yes, she does Little red." He said placing Scarlett on his hip.

"And you are still sad Uncle Christin, maybe you need an angel to make you happy" He smiled at her innocence. "And I have her, you are my Angel are you not Princess Scarlett?" He asked. Making her laugh.

He looked at her phone his brother texted him again, tempted him to steal Lord's bride. And he is tempted, but not enough to give into it. For the first thing about love is, you cannot harm the one you love with all your heart. And he will not too harm the only girl he loved ever. He cannot.

He got a call and other end was Jonah. "Little brother why you look so sad? Oh yes, the love of your life is marrying someone else. Someone better than you. And you know well that you will not going to be like him. You are not Denzell Parks and you known it quite sometimes. You are just a cowered whom I am ashamed to call my brother"

"You are not my brother and hear it loud and clear, if I saw you anywhere near Scarlett or Adele or her son, I will personally kill you." He said and cut the call. He was fuming, his brother thinks he can be easily manipulated. He will not let him control him like that. He once bring down the black brotherhood and he will again if he have to.

He walked out of the Mansion after the Bridal shower was over and Denzell reminded him of the Bachelorette party tomorrow night. Denzell was worried about his friend. He didn't know but something was very wrong about Christin and it felt like he was carrying the weight of whole world on his shoulders. He wanted to know what is wrong with him. But he sensed that he might need time to open up.

Christin drove his car aimlessly. He was pissed to be sure. He didn't know where his heart and mind are. Right now, they are not with him, He was sure of this thing. On one hand the girl he loves more than his life is getting married to someone else and on other hand a dangerous threat was looming all over them.

Axelia was drawing in her book while she heard the front door slam. She almost jumped at the noise . She took her chalk and board and walked out of her room. She met the housekeeper who was preparing a drink for Christin. She wrote "Is Christin home?" The housekeeper nodded and wrote "Don't disturb master, he is not in a good mood."

Axelia took the tray herself and walked towards the door. She was also clutching the board inside her elbow. She pushed the door and walked inside. Christin was sitting in the darkness. He turned around as he heard noises. He was surprised to see Axelia, she never willingly comes to his room ever.

She placed the tray on the table and stood aside just watching him. Christin took the glass and drank slowly looking at her. The moonlight illuminated her figure and she looked like a goddess right now. She signed "Sad" He smiled at that. Scarlett said the same thing too and he lied but he couldn't anymore.

So, he placed the glass down and walked to her. He stood in front of her and signed "I am sad" She did exactly something he never thought she would she made him sit down on his bed and sat on his lap putting her legs on the both side of his legs. And then she put her hands around him hugging him. He was shocked.

He touched her feet gently crossing them on his waist. And he hugged her back. Though he knew she couldn't ever hear him still he said "Thank you, for letting me run back to you" She pulled back and looked into his brilliant blue eyes.

Her eyes seems to twinkle with happiness. She kissed his cheek surprising him. He guessed that she might have somehow understood him. Maybe he can understand her too. "Do you want to sleep here?" he signed. She nodded.

He placed her on the bed and she patted the space beside her calling him. He smiled and settled down beside her . She happily hugged her whole night and somehow it was pure bliss for Christin.

Word Count: 1040 words