Staying Strong {Husband!Roman Reigns x Father!Undertaker x Wrestler!Reader} 2/3

Part 2 of 3

Words: 2,060

Things to know:

Roman's real name is Joe.
Takers real name is Mark

You woke up to the sound of beeping. And not a good beeping. A beeping that reminded you of your alarm clock and set your teeth on edge. Opening your eyes you found yourself in a white room with a tiled ceiling. You were in a hospital bed with side rails. You looked down at yourself and saw there was an IV fluid in your arm. As you adjusted to waking up the beeping from the heart monitor became more annoying. You let out a hiss. "Whoever invents a silent heart monitor that actually works will be my lord and savior." You grumbled.

Roman who had been sitting by your beside still in his ring gear looked up immediately, pushing the hair out of his eyes and saw you waking up. He immediately got up and smiled coming to your side. "Hey baby. I don't know if you remember anything but you're in the hospital." He said in a calming tone fearing he might freak you out. When he saw you remain calm he continued. "Your appendix burst and you had to get an appendectomy. The doctors say the surgery went fine though." He said with a smile.

You nodded. "All I remember was up until we got in the ambulance." You said. Roman nodded. You looked around the room trying to find a certain someone. "Where's dad?" You asked.

Roman smiled. "He went to get something to eat but I think a couple of nurses caught him in the hallway and wanted to get a few pictures." He said. You couldn't help but crack a smile. Your dad must have known you were gonna be okay if he was able to eat something.

Just then the door opened and a nurse came in followed by your dad. You smiled at you dad. "Hi Daddy." You said leaning your head against the pillow to look at him.

Your dad had changed out of his wrestling attire and into a pair of sweatpants and a tight fitting white tee. He carried a cup in his hand but set it down before he came over to your beside and placed a kiss on your forehead. "Hey princess how ya feeling?" He asked. You smiled up at him. "Better thanks." You said.

"Mrs. Anoaʻi?" The nurse asked. She stood on the other side of your bed and your turned to her. "Yes?" You asked. She gave you a warm smile. She was a olive skinned woman with a heart shaped face and long straight brunette hair that was in a braid down her back. "Hello my name is Jessica and I'm the nurse overseeing your post op recovery. The doctor will be in later in the hour but I just wanted to check how are you feeling?" She asked. You smiled at her. "I'm doing much better than I was. My husband told me everything went fine?" You asked. The nurse nodded and looked at Roman who was beside you. "Yes luckily the appendix didn't rupture. But when you fell, or what I heard was a fall as I was told by the EMT who were told by your medics, the blockage in your appendix must have shifted so the pain became apparent sooner rather than later." She explained. You nodded in understanding.

"Do you know when I'll be able to go back to work?" You asked.

Both your husband and your dad let out chuckles and the nurse glanced at them with a smile before letting her gaze fall back on you. "The doctor will discuss more on that with you when he arrives but all I know is that so far we are going to keep you for 3 days and then you'll be able to go home and recover." She said. You nodded in understanding. "Well I'll go let the doctor know you're awake and he'll be in shortly." She said. You nodded and gave her a smile.

She gave a final nod to all three of you before she left the room. You immediately groaned in annoyance. "I'm going to die of boredom!" You said staring up at the ceiling. You dad chuckled. "You'll be fine sweetheart." He said looking down at you a relieved smile on his lips.