New Neighbor

Zane's POV

I rolled onto my side facing the clock and sighed "not one bit of sleep." I said aloud I've been trying to get more sleep mommy said I should and she's worried about me so is Garroth and Vylad I sat up against the headboard "Zane!" Garroth called from downstairs I groaned and got off the bed and walked downstairs "yes Gar?" I asked "do you want breakfast?" He asked "sure." I said and sat at the table Garroth placed a plate in front of me "I'm glad your finally coming out of your shell baby brother." He said I sighed "where's your boyfriend Laurance?" I asked trying to change the subject "he's not my boyfriend!" Garroth exclaimed "are you sure? Because the way you two act around each other makes it quite clear you love each other." I said "we just care about each other all right?" He said "whatever you say." I said.
(Time Skip)
I put my headphones in and started walking down the sidewalk my family also suggested I get out more but I hate the sun so I'm only doing this out of love I looked across the street and noticed a moving truck leaving a house that I guess just got bought I walked across the street and over to the door and knocked I waited a second then a guy around my age opened the door blonde hair and bright yellow eyes he's wearing a simply white shirt and jeans but what stands out the most are his bright green ears and tail "hi." He said with a bright smile "hey. Um I live across the street and saw the moving truck so I came over to help you unpack." I said I normally wouldn't but my family's right I should get out more "that's so nice of you." He said and stepped to the side I walked in and looked at the semi-empty home "I didn't catch your name." He said "Zane." I said "I'm James." He said.
(Time Skip Again)
I left the house after helping him unpack and walked into my house "Baby brother where have you been?" Garroth asked "I was helping our new neighbor unpack." I replied "now let me sleep." I walked upstairs and threw off my jacket and mask before laying down and closing my eyes letting the sleep consume me.

James' POV

I ran my hand threw my blonde hair as I silently panicked "he's so cute." I said over the phone to my sister she's coming to live with me but she couldn't make it today "well did he show any signs?" She asked we've been getting signs our whole life about wether someone is gay, dating, or anything "nope. He wears a mask and his hair covers one of his eyes so it's impossible to tell." I said "that means he's insecure of himself maybe once he's comfortable with his mask off around you he'll show signs!" She exclaimed "I just met the guy it'll be so difficult until we get to know each other a lot better." I said "ok fine but you know I can read eyes." She said "yeah and if you can help me I'll owe you big time." I said "ok deal! See you tomorrow." She said "bye." I said hanging up "she's gonna ruin my chances." I mumbled and laid down closing my eyes letting myself fall asleep.