17

"Baekhyun..?" Kyungsoo calls as he knocks. He closes his eyes and examines Baekhyun's blood composition with his mind through the four walls of Baekhyun's house.

There is beta werewolf blood, but not enough. And his blood is still not completely neutralized.

Chanyeol opens the door, and his eyes widen as he sees Kyungsoo.

"K-Kyungsoo hyung.." Chanyeol says as he bows.

Chanyeol smells it now. The blood he has wiped from the tiles, the foreign blood that might have caused Baekhyun to hurt himself at least in his perspective.

Whatever it really did to Baekhyun, the blood is surely Kyungsoo's.

'Can you let me in?' Kyungsoo asks Chanyeol by bypassing the mind link of Baekhyun and Chanyeol again.

"Come in." Baekhyun briefly says himself as he grabs Chanyeol's hands and gently pulls him back to guide him out of Kyungsoo's way.

Kyungsoo watches and sighs. So they're fine now?

"I'm just going to inform that I need to delay the replenishment," Kyungsoo starts as he steps in.

"Why?" Baekhyun asks as he sits on his couch and lets Kyungsoo sit on the couch for everyone. Chanyeol stays standing and Baekhyun looks up to him, gesturing him to just sit beside Kyungsoo.

'Master.. I don't feel great. Can't I just go to my room?'

'No,' Baekhyun answers, patting his couch, gesturing Chanyeol to sit there instead.

'I'm not allowed to sit on your couch, Master..'

Kyungsoo looks down to not bother for a while as he knows they're talking through their mind link.

'Just do what I say. Damn it. Can't you tell that I just want you here?'

"I-Im sorry," Chanyeol says as he obeys Baekhyun and sits beside him. The couch is wide enough to accommodate both of them so there's no problem in doing that, though Chanyeol still feels uncomfortable because the rule still stands that he can't sit there.

'Stop saying sorry for simple things like this, slave.'

Chanyeol nods and looks down at his own fingers clasped together. 'I-I'll try..'

"So..?" Kyungsoo says as he looks at the both of them.

"Oh, Kyungsoo. Where were we again?" Baekhyun asks, smiling apologetically.

Kyungsoo heaves a deep sigh he doesn't really need.

"Do you remember the timeI gave you blood for replenishment when I let you bite me?"

"Yeah?"

"After that, what happened? Do you remember?"

"I got home. And.. and.. what happened again?" Baekhyun turns to Chanyeol, making the latter look up to his face and ask silently.

'What happened after I got home on the day of replenishment?'

Chanyeol shivers and looks away, blinking fast and shaking his head, all the fear going back when he remembers how Baekhyun treated him that day. That day when he thought Baekhyun was going to say something important like how he promised.

Baekhyun freezes.

"Oh, I.. I remember. I was angry at Chanyeol suddenly and I was thinking.. I should hurt him just because."

Kyungsoo winces and he can't even look Baekhyun in the eyes, knowing how much he has induced the wrong mindset to Baekhyun that time.

"I didn't know why but I thought it was normal because he is just my slave and.. and I don't know what came to my mind on that day. But after some of blood was lost from me because of some incidents.. it went better. And Chanyeol's blood, when I drink it I feel like something is going better and turning normal. I don't know—I.. It just felt abnormal those days until there was a change in what blood I let in and what I let out."

Kyungsoo heaves a breath, urging himself to go on. "It was because of me."

"Because of you?" Baekhyun echoes as he subconsciously leans to Kyungsoo with the desire to know everything. "What do you mean?"

"I made you drink my blood directly from my veins. And I let you bite me because it would be freshest that way.. I was the one who imposed those thoughts to you. I-I'm sorry, I just thought it was what's right at that time. I brainwashed you into thinking that you want to hurt Chanyeol and make him suffer, make him feel pain that you felt before, and that he doesn't deserve you. I didn't mean to cause this much. I'm really sorry."

Right then, Baekhyun remembers everything.

"This is all because of Kyungsoo's blood. I know how his blood smells and I'm sure he used it to change you."

Baekhyun's eyes flash red in anger, getting up with his hands tight in fists, wanting to hit Kyungsoo right there.

Revenge on everything.

But Baekhyun stops himself.

Even if he has this strong desire to fight for what he believes, like what he has always been known for, he stops himself.

Because he won't be here if it is not for Kyungsoo that saved Baekhyun from himself.

Kyungsoo was always there.

But Kyungsoo betrayed him.

He doesn't know now.

"Why..? Why, Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun asks as he looks down at Chanyeol. "Why did you just let me do that to you?! Huh? You could've just done whatever you want! You could've just ran out the streets and went..!" he shouts at Chanyeol, but Chanyeol doesn't look up.

Baekhyun realizes that Chanyeol's ears aren't able to hear him. He harshly lets out a breathe in frustration and turns to Kyungsoo.

"You..! What were you thinking?! Why did you do this to me?! You know there's almost no cure! You know that, Kyungsoo, and yet you did this to me! I would forget this again once I intake your blood! I would hurt my slave again in ways I know he doesn't like... Kyungsoo.. Were you able to live normally?! Weren't you bothered by your conscience even just once?!" Baekhyun exasperately sighs, running his hand through his hair, piercing red eyes into Kyungsoo. "I remember.. You don't have a heart at all! You don't have.. a heart.. Kyungsoo.." Baekhyun's eyes flicker down the ground while he walks to stand infront of Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol."

Chanyeol looks up at him, eyes widened as he hears Baekhyun say his name again.

"Master.."

Baekhyun pulls him up with all the force he can muster, making Chanyeol look back at his eyes in fear.

"N-No, don't..! I'm sorry..! I'm sorry, Master. Please..! W-Whatever I've done please forgive me.. please don't hurt me anymore..!"

Baekhyun winces as he feels wounds open on his skin, indicating him that he's weakening and slowly losing the hybrid component of his DNA. All the energy he has used to yell at people today makes it more tiring and he's running out of physical power. He holds unto Chanyeol for support, hands tightening around Chanyeol's shirt and pulling him closer.

"Master—"

"I d-don't feel good, Chanyeol. I don't feel good.."