Papercut (Jaebeom)

"What are you doing?"

The pencil you're trying to balance on your pouted lips falls on the table full of notes. You look at your window and find your boyfriend, JB, sitting there as if he's been watching you all this time.

"Can't you enter through the door or something?" you complain as this is not the first time he appeared without any notice.

"It's just three in the morning. What will your parents think of me?"

You grimace. What will your parents think of him if they find out he can effortlessly climb to your room because he's a bloodsucker who has inhumane abilities? That's what he should worry about.

JB smiles at your thoughts. He found out that he can read your mind when he first met you. He was from a province on the other end of the country, but you've learned now that he didn't just move residence--he also changed identity. He is eternally a twenty-four year old so he can't stay in one place for long.

He moved in the grand house by the end of the street so you first met when your mother asked you to bring rice cakes to him. JB told you that he could hear your complaints about how your mother always orders you around so you don't have time to catch up on your favourite drama as you make your way to his house. Your thoughts halt when he opened the door for you. The next was a blank 'Fuck. He's handsome.'

JB decided to get to know you, not just because of his sudden ability connected to you, but also because you're pretty cute and funny. After a few months, he learned why he can read your mind and only your mind. Because you were the one meant for him to love. It's only you who he has ever loved.

He doesn't use his ability often now, finding it a bit rude and unnecessary. He respects you, so even though he is sometimes unsure of what you're thinking, he doesn't pry. He also trusts and understands you even when you're silent. He just uses the telepathy when he wants to tease.

"You're still not done studying?" he now walks over to you.

You sigh and look at the scattered papers. "Yeah. The coverage is five chapters and I'm not sure what kind of exam it is. I need to memorise all these terms and understand all these concepts."

He reaches you and puts his hands on your either shoulders. He presses on them gently, effectively soothing some knots that formed from looking down for hours. "My baby's working hard."

You can't help but smile. "Yes, I am."

"But you wouldn't have had to stay awake all night if you had listened to the lectures beforehand. You would have been done reviewing even before midnight comes."

You lightly slap his hand away even though the massage is well needed. "Yah, I didn't ask you to call me out. You can leave."

He chuckles. "See what happens when you lack sleep? You're so grumpy."

You feel him wrap his arms around you from behind. As you're sitting, he has to crouch to rest his head beside yours. You lean back and savour the moment. He knows how to tease and make up.

"Why don't I help you review? I can ask you some questions," he whispers through your hair, tickling you a bit.

"Hm, that'll be okay. Here," you pick up a book. "I've finished this already so you can ask me."

He lets go of you and get the book from your hand before sitting on your bed. You move your chair to face him. He looks good while scanning a textbook. He long finished his studies and is even more knowledgeable of the real world so you've never thought you'll see this.

"Okay," he puts your book down. "If you answer my question, I'll give you a kiss. If you're wrong, you'll give me a kiss."

You laugh. "How is that supposed to inspire me to do my best? I can just say anything and still get a kiss."