Dear Aunt Lia,

I told you didn't I?

I knew something bad would happen.

I walked into the house after school. School had sucked that day and I was in a really bad mood.

"Get ready Hee Young, we're going to the doctor" unnie said.

"What doctor?"

"A counselor" Hwa Young unnie replied.

"Why are we going to a counselor?" I asked.

"Because I think you need it Hee Young. You're going through so much alone, I feel she'll be able to help  you she's really sweet, you'll like her" Unnie said.

"But I don't need a counselor to talk about what I'm going through"

"But she's a professional" my sister said.

"I don't need her"

"Hee Young don't argue with me. I'm just worried about you" Hwa Young unnie replied.

"Don't pretend you care about me." I snapped.

"What is that supposed to mean? Of course I care about you!"

"If you did then you wouldn't have left me for six years! You would've kept me with you!" I yelled.

"Don't you understand what Mom and I were going through?!"

"The only thing I know that my sister and mother left me for six whole years and didn't even look back! Heck I didn't even see my mother when she lay in her fucking death bed--" I never completed.

"KIM HEE YOUNG!" Hwa Young yelled as she slapped me.

The stinging pain spread inside me. The slap in the cheek was nothing compared to my heartache.

I cried.

"I HATE YOU!"

I ran upstairs as I locked myself in my room. I cried till I couldn't breathe.

I wanted to come to you Aunt Lia.
I wanted to be with you because there is no one in this world that understood me.

No one ever cared about how I felt. No one ever asked me about what I went through.

No one ever asked me if I was okay.

I didn't want to talk about myself with a stranger. A stupid doctor.

I would've easily told my sister if she wanted to know.

My sister.

Not a stranger.

And in the middle of it all, I did see Yoongi, listening to our argument from the living room.

Our eyes locked and I couldn't comprehend his emotions at that point of time.

Right now as I write this letter, I'm thinking about all the emotions that I felt in just one moment.

It's scary.

It's scary how they can control me.

~yours truly,
Hee Young