Countdown to Heaven: Part 2

This is going to be a long chapter! (Mostly because I don't want the movie to last ten chapters...)

I know this is a little late, but I wanted to apologize that your character's physical features are pretty much determined. I wanted to focus more on the plot with this story, and I knew it would complicate things if I had to format everything for people with varying eye color, hair color, and height. Sorry about that, I know it's probably weird for a reader insert to do that.

Also, I want to know who you all ship with Ran! I realized I'm gonna have to address this issue eventually, otherwise it'll just be awkward in the future. (specifically when discussing crushes and the like). Please leave your thoughts in the comments!

-----------------------------------------

The camping trip had come to an end, and the drive home commenced. You sat in the front seat with Haibara, since Genta had insisted on riding in the back, your hoodie pulled up over your face. You glanced at her out of the corner of your eye, and sighed. "Hey, Haibara, remind me that I need to show you something later." You whispered to her, while the kids chatted amongst themselves. She didn't say anything, she just nodded silently.

"Let's play a game!" Genta shouted from the back seat.

"Alright, then let's play the 30 second game!" Mitsuhiko suggested. "You close your eyes, and count to thirty. When you reach it, you push stop on the timer, and see how close you got." The lanky boy explained.

"Everyone should play!" Genta chimed his agreement.

"I'm driving." Dr. Agasa replied.

"I'll pass." Haibara muttered.

"I'm good too." You added.

The four in the back started their little game. Mitsuhiko ended at 40 seconds, Conan got 27 seconds, and Genta got 59 seconds. When Ayumi's turn came, you glanced back at her. She had a happy look on her face, and a light blush on her cheeks. You smirked, and turned to face forward. She landed on exactly 30 seconds.

"That's incredible!" Mitsuhiko gasped.

"You must be psychic!" Genta chuckled. "That reminds me." Genta pulled himself up from his seat so he could peer over the top of yours. "Who were you on the phone with last night, Haibara?" He inquired.

She seemed startled by his statement, so you decided to give her a hand. "What are you talking about, Genta? I was outside when you went to the bathroom, and nobody else left the tent. You must have had a dream." You stated, stealing a glance at the other girl.

"Was it really?" Genta mumbled, before lowering himself back into his seat.

"Oi, Doc, where are we going?" You grumbled, wanting to change the subject. "This isn't the way home."

"Oh, that's right, you were asleep on the way to the campground!" Dr. Agasa chimed. "The others wanted to go see the Nishitamashi Twin Tower Buildings on the way back." He filled you in, as he parked outside of the aforementioned buildings.

The kids all clambered out, and began goggling at the buildings. You could understand their amazement at seeing the tallest buildings in Japan, but you couldn't reciprocate it. To you it was just another building, although you could appreciate how convenient it would be to reach any heist from the roof.

A taxi pulled up in front of the doors, and, to your surprise, Ran stepped out. "Ran?" You called the girl's name.

She turned to look at you. "Rin?"

"What are you guys doing here?" Kogoro grumbled, as he too exited the cab with Sonoko.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing!" You called, as you ran over to them. "We just decided to stop by after our camping trip."