The Minotaur's Labyrinth

Remember how I said this was gonna end up being a short chapter? Psych, I lied, it's probably gonna be too long, because I am delirious today...

I hope you enjoy!!

------------------------------

Conan grimaced, as he pushed himself up out of the dirt. He shook his head, before fixing his glasses, and turning on his watch light. "Hey, guys... Are you alright?" He called, panning the light to try and see the others.

"I'm alright." Mitsuhiko called.

"I am too, though it was a long fall." Haibara replied, as she too pushed herself up from the ground.

"Genta, Genta!" Ayumi's high voice echoed in the darkness. Conan spun the light towards her voice. Genta lay face down in the dirt. He wasn't moving despite Ayumi's attempts to rouse him. "Help, he isn't..." She started to say.

Conan and the others ran to her. He crouched down beside the motionless Genta. "Oi, Genta!" Conan shouted the boy's name.

The large boy let out a small grumbled. "Another bowl of eel rice please..." Genta mumbled, before snoring.Conan let out a half chuckle. Genta had simply fallen asleep.

"He hasn't slept since yesterday." Haibara noted.

"Genta, there are only nine hours left." Conan said in the sleeping boy's ear.

Genta blinked awake, and sat up abruptly. "W-where am I?" He muttered.

"It's just like Tokei said, the mansion is a labyrinth." Conan stated, as he turned his light down one of the many paths. 

"Wait, where's Rin?" Mitsuhiko called, as he glanced around.

Conan felt like a jolt of electricity shot down his spine. He shone the light around frantically. Finally, his beam landed on her. She was laying on her back, her eyes closed. He raced to her side. "Rin!" He shouted her name, worry turning his stomach. She didn't move. "Oi, Rin, come on." He grabbed her shoulder, and shook her gently. Still nothing. No, no, no. Come on... He thought to himself, panic beginning to churn in his stomach.

"Rin..." Ayumi called to her in a weak voice.

"You're a moron." The growl escaped her lips. She slowly opened her eyes, and turned their glower upon him. "'There's an item in the center of this empty room, with a single beam of light on it. Let's pick it up!' Have you never watched Indiana Jones? If there is an item that looks like it's trapped, don't touch it!" She half shouted, as she pushed herself up from the dirt. "God my head..." She grumbled as she rubbed her head. 

"Are you gonna be okay, Rin?" Ayumi asked softly, worry in her small eyes.

"Yeah, if she's cursing, she's fine." Conan chuckled. "She's too full of anger and snark to let something like this stop her."

"And who causes ninety percent of that anger?" She growled. She stood, fixed her dress, and dusted herself off.

"I'm surprised thought. I would have thought you would have caught yourself." Conan mused.

"Do I look like I'm wearing my belt right now?" She growled, gesturing at the coral pink dress that she wore. "This is why I work alone." She spat. "Fucking amateurs." She hissed under her breath.

--------------------------------------

"What are we gonna do?" Genta cried out. "There's no way we can find our way out!" The large boy fell to his knees.

"No way..." Mitsuhiko muttered, as he stared listlessly at the ground.

Ayumi sat on the base of one of the many support pillars. "Then, there's no way out?" She whispered.