𝕀𝕀

"Remember," Holt said through their coms after they were all in place. "This is supposed to be a trap for us. They don't know Detective Cruz has called a swat team. We will go in as bait and they will take care of the criminals."

They all agreed and entered the abandoned building. Boyle and Santiago went directly through the front door with Captain Holt, while Diaz and Peralta entered from the back.

Everything was going as planned, until Diaz and Peralra heard voices screaming. There was a voice of a man yelling, and a woman, trying to calm him down and reason with him. Jake immediatly recognized Ellie's voice. He considered forgetting the mission and just running to help her, but Rosa's hand on his shoulder told him to do otherwise.

"I'm not saying we are wrong, David," Ellie's calm voice said from a distance. "But this may be the only way to get out of this alive."

"Shut up! You called them didn't you, woman? Everyone was caught but you!" The man yelled at her.

"Why the hell would I call them?" Ellie exclaimed. "Baby, you know how hard I worked to achieve all of this," she said, softer this time. Baby?

"Well, someone called the fucking police and it weren't me. George has a bullet through his leg and hasn't been out of bed for a week. You are the only person left, Sofía!" He practically screamed on her face. At this point, Jake was holding back from shooting this David guy on the face and then the balls.

"David are you crazy?!" She said, her voice now full of fear. Jake didn't know what was going on until he heard a gun cocking. He immediatly went forward to help, but again, Rosa pulled him back.

"What the hell, Diaz," he hissed.

"We don't know if there's more of them," she whispered back. "We need the all clear from the team."

"I ain't crazy," the man said. "I love you, Hernández, but I can't have you calling on me ever again."

"All clear."

Too late.

The gun was fired and there was a muffled scream ringing in the air. Jake let go of his gun and ran as fast as he could through the big room until he spotted Ellie, now kneeling on the ground, her hands over her stomach.

Jake knew he had never been a very athletic person, but he ran so fast he thought he could have won a marathon. Rosa ran after the man named David Velásquez, who had started to run once he saw Jake arriving.

Jake threw himself on the ground on his knees and went to inspect Ellie's wound. Her eyes were slightly closed and rolling to the back of her head, so he wasn't even sure if she knew it was him.

"Ellie," he tried. "Ellie stay awake." Cruz opened her eyes wide once she recognized both her name, one that she hadn't heard in eight years, and the voice who was calling her; Jake Peralta.