𝕍𝕀𝕀

She had been in the OR for three hours and a half when a surgeon, the one that had taken Ellie in, walked into the waiting room. Everyone immediately stood up from their seats, all recognizing the man.

Almost as if he had sensed it, the doctor walked to Jake. Maybe it was the fact that he looked like he hadn't slept for days, or the tears in his eyes, or the fact that he had blood all over him, but the man knew it was Jake to whom he had to give the news.

"She's out of surgery, and she's stable," the man quickly gave him the information he knew he needed. Jake let out a long breath of relief he didn't know he was holding in, and so did the others. "But she lost a lot of blood," he continued. "We are transfusing some to her at this instance, but she will still feel weak, and tired. She will also feel pretty dizzy for the next five or six hours until her system stabilizes and goes back to normal." Jake nodded quickly.

"Can we see her, is she awake?" He asked desperately.

"We are now moving her back to a room at the ICU, and it will take us some time until she's out of post-op," the Doctor explained. "My advice: go home, all of you. Get cleaned up, try and get some sleep. As far as I know, some police officers are guarding the doors to that girl's room, she is safe. If anything changes, we know who to call."

"Maybe don't call 911," Charles offered his advice, unintentionally lightening the mood of the group. Even the doctor cracked a smile.

Captain Holt gave the doctor his number and the man walked away, back into the forbidden wings of the hospital.