𝕍

"Peralta, the ambulance only now arrived here, what is going on?" Holt's worried voice came through the phone. Luckly, with all the noise of the road and the ambulance itself, the unknown man could not hear what was being said.

"Hey, dad," he said, trying his best to keep his voice from shaking. "I know, I'm sorry I didn't call earlier," he said.

"Jake, are you in danger?" He asked, his voice lower than before, understanding that there might be someone else in the room.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," Jake answered. "I know you said to be home by 2-07, but i might not be able to make it."

"207, kidnapping, is that whay you meant?" Holt asked, making sure of what he heard.

"Yes, I know I'm a bad son dad, geez" he tried to make the conversation seem real, fear visible on his face. "I think Ill have to stay at work until 10-43."

"Santiago, tell the ambulance to get ready, they are coming with us," Holt told Amy.

"Well, the police station is only five minutes away, so I'll be there around 10-48," he said into the phone.

"There's someone with a gun," Holt understood. "They're holding then at gunpoint. Boyle, contact the swat team." Only then Jake looked down at Ellie, realising her shirt was almost completely covered in blood. She was getting worse, and he could see that her breathing was slowing down.

"Dad, I got to go, alright? I'll see you tonight," he said into the phone.

"Son, we'll find you, I promise," Holt whispered through the phone before Jake hung up. The man extended his hand that wasn't holding a gun and Jake quickly gave the phone to him, throwing his hand back into the bleeding. He couldn't let Ellie die, he wasn't going to.

"Please, I'll do whatever you want, just save her," Jake pleaded.

"Oh, begging so early into the conversation, are we?" The man said, a smirk on his face. "The thing is, detective, I want her dead." Jake froze. "Yeah, she pretended to be the sweet Sofía Pèrez, and now I find out she's a filthy cop!" The man yelled, shaking the gun on Jake's face.

"Look, sir, if you kill any of us, you'll only make it worse for yourself," Jake tried to reason with him, his voice as calm as he could have it. "You were involved with the mafia, selling drugs, and now you've kidnapped two NYPD detectives. But, if you let us go, we can use that to help you out. If you give us some names of people we haven't caught, we can cut your sentence--"

"You think I'm going to betray my brothers!?" He yelled at him. "My people? My family? You see, that's the difference between us and your kind. We have a sense of loyalty. I would never sell them out."

A gunshot rang, and Jake threw himself over Ellie instinctively, trying his best to protect her. A few seconds passed, and he realised that he hadn't been shot. He looked over at the man and saw him on the ground, a gunshot on his chest as he bleed out on the ground. He also noticed a hole on the back window of the ambulance.

The doors of the ambulance suddenly opened, and Captain Holt walked in, gun in hand, until he noticed the body on the ground and Ellie's frightful state, bleeding out on the bed.