Thoughts.

Renesmee POV:

Momma and Daddy were worried.

The trees should have blurred into one as we weaved our way through the darkened forest road. Momma said that when she was human and Daddy was driving her, she tried not to look out of the window for this exact reason.

My father had always loved speed. 

He smiled in the rear-view mirror at my thoughts, my mother's favourite crooked grin just dancing at the corner of his mouth.

However, I was not my human mother and my half-vampire eyes easily found every tree, every leaf as easily as if I had been at a stand still with a magnifying glass. The beauty of the world never ceased to amaze me and bring a smile to my lips. Today it was harder to focus on that. 

I couldn't put into words my fears, so I leaned forward in a swift movement and pressed my hand softly against Momma's cheek. She placed her own hand over mine before removing it just as swiftly, as if my thoughts had caused her physical pain.

"No Honey, I just don't know what we're gonna do right now."

I tried to swallow the sharp taste of fear in my mouth at my mother's words. I remembered that tone.

"-when the time comes today, you'll have to leave me..." 

Snow and Black cloaks filled my vision for a few moments until I pushed them from my mind. That time was over now. This fear was irrational. The panic stayed though, as I re-lived those words... Momma had promised forever, why did forever suddenly feel so short? 

Daddy frowned.

I smiled at him in reassurance but the slight pucker between his brows never left his face. Guilt sat heavy and unmoving in my stomach as I contemplated the extra worry I was putting on my parents. They had enough to deal with. Aunt Alice had said...

The car screeched to a halt and my heart hammered in my chest, even faster than it's usual hummingbird rate. Blood flushed my cheeks and my knuckles went white as I gripped the seat. I really hoped I hadn't broken anything, Daddy loved this car.

My father's face was absolutely livid.

"Alice may be wrong!"

Momma put a careful hand on Daddy's shoulder and he relaxed enough to stop growling. His body was tense and angry, his eyes were bright and cruel. I looked away, I didn't like the sudden fear I felt. Daddy's expression softened as he turned to touch my face.

"Renesmee, sweetheart...I'm sorry if I frightened you. -But you have to remember that Aunt Alice's visions are subjective. They can change..."

He said the last few words almost like a prayer and I smiled a small smile to show I shared that hope. He seemed satisfied that he had been forgiven and that my thoughts were no longer lingering on the panic that had threatened to consume me whole. We drove on. I worked to block my thoughts of worry from him and instead I focused on the plans for this evening. The girl from our new school Clara would be coming over to 'hang out'. I rolled my eyes as I thought of the over-the-top preparations that were probably taking place as we made our way home. My father winced when I thought more about Clara. I had briefly forgotten the reason she had been invited. 

We drove the rest of the way in silence as I counted backwards from a million and tried not to think about anything at all. 

***********************************

This is just a short chapter, giving you a view of the Cullen's perspective. Hope you liked it. It was fun to try out Renesmee's POV.

Please comment, vote and fan if you can!

Lots of love,

A :)