2. Coinpin - Better off as lovers...?

Length: 657 words. Fuckin short.

"I think it's sweet that Ba-loo-ny and Clou-dy are dating now." smiled Pin, swinging her legs as she sat on the edge of the cliff. The sunset was painted in subtly lurid lines across the horizon, not quite blinding whoever looked at it.
"I'm so glad, honestly. It was so obvious Balloony had a thing for him, it was pretty embarrassing. I mean, they were practically married already. They literally have 3 sons." Coiny gushed, hoping that Pin would realise herself how blind she was being without having to say anything to her. The truth was, Pin made his heart flutter in a way very few other people had. All the way back when they were still part of WOAH bunch, he'd started to crush on her slightly, and the rest was history. He'd seen how little a confession had affected Balloony and Cloudy's friendship, but the feeling was mutual with them. How was he supposed to know if Pin was into him or not? How do you even find that out?
"The sun-set sure is pre-tty." Pin sighed, her mouth turning up at the corners, and her eyes slowly glazing over. Coiny's chest lurched hard as she swayed slightly in total euphoria, as the dying sunlight caressed her face.
It was the perfect setting for a confession. Why was he too much of a pussy to do anything?
"I don't know... I think it's being outshone tonight." he managed to squeeze out without stuttering. His normally cool and calm exterior was so close to shattering, but he had to hold it together.
"W-what?" Pin turned around in shock, a dark red blush colouring her cheeks.
Coiny smiled softly, giving a quiet laugh. He looked away and took her hand.
"Are you flir-ting with me?" Pin scoffed, almost pulling her hand from his grasp, but seemed to decide against it.
"Perhaps, perhaps not..." he smirked.
"Oh, you. Stop it." she replied, interlocking her fingers with his. Gulping, Coiny looked over at the sunset, which suddenly didn't seem so breathtaking. He was so, so close. She was holding his hand. Watching the sun set with him. It was now or never.
"I hope Light-ning do-esn't see this. He'll flip out." Pin joked.
Coiny inhaled deeply and began.
"Actually... he might have a reason to." he admitted, screwing his eyes shut and looking downwards.
"Wh-" Pin began.
"You heard earlier. I was stumbling over my words when you said we both only loved each other platonically. I was wondering how you hadn't noticed."
Pin looked at him in utter shock, her expression almost one of horror. She withdrew her hand from his, setting it on the grass beside her. A sharp twist in his heart told Coiny that this wasn't going to end well at all if it went wrong.
"You - I don't... I'm so..."
"I-it's ok. You don't have to accept me. You don't even have to speak. Just get up. Leave. I love you too much to force you to love me back. Yeah, Pin. You heard me right. I love you. I love you."
A horrible silence enveloped the two friends. Pin was still staring at him in disbelief, rotating her hands around each other as if she were washing them.
"Coi-ny ... I had no i-dea... I'm so so-rry... I don't... I don't know how I feel..."
"It's ok. We can work things out together. We're - we're still friends right?"
"Yes! We'll ne-ver not be friends."
Coiny stared at the ground sadly. It could've gone worse, he supposed, as he slipped his arm around his best friend.
"WOAH Bunch captains?" he smiled, holding up his fist weakly.
Pin paused for a second before reacting.
"WOAH Bunch cap-tains." she replied sleepily, punching it gently.
The sunset regained its beauty, as Coiny watched the hopeful light slowly extinguish itself on the faraway land.

Oh boy we are serving some feelies this evening.