Blushes and Preparations

Chapter 6: Blushes and Preparations

"Stop watching my video!" Leaf yelled, taking the camcorder away from the girls. It's been three weeks since the event at the mall, yet people were still talking about the brunette's performance, and boy they loved it. They were lounging in Dawn's room, lying on the carpeted floor.

"You may have the camcorder, but we have laptops!" Dawn cheered, opening her pink laptop and watching the same video. Unfortunately for Leaf, tons of videos were already uploaded on the internet.

"Look look! She looks so cute here." The blunette pointed at the screen.

"You're right! And the outfit is perfect. I didn't know she would look good in clothes like that. Nice job Misty." May commented.

"No sweat. I am, after all, a Sensational Sister. I have my own style, with a little 'coaching' from my sisters." Misty replied. "Besides, it's your idea to sing in public." She turned towards Leaf, who buried her face on a pillow.

"But the little girl needs my help, I can't just leave her like that." Leaf said, still hiding her face with a pillow, clearly embarrassed by the situation.

"Aww, why are you so shy? You should sing more instead of May." Dawn said jokingly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" May said with a glare towards Dawn.

"I didn't mean it a bad way, geez. Calm down. I meant Leafy here should sing more in front of other people rather than us, you know? She has a voice of an angel!" the blunette said in defense.

"I think so too. You should sing more. Its good to hear you both, even if people like or hate you for it." Misty commented.

"But I can't... besides, we have homework to do." Leaf replied, changing the topic. The others groaned in annoyance.

"Why do we even have homework?!" Dawn complained. The girls giggled.

Monday. Another day for school. The girls went to their first subject, homeroom. They went to their respective seats. Misty is on the second row in front of Dawn, May at her left and Leaf at Dawn's right. Tracy and Paul were on the back row respectively, surrounded by fangirls. Seems like they had the same class as the four. Dawn glanced at Leaf, who was writing something on her notebook.

"What's that?" she snatched the notebook from the brunette. "Lyrics? Let me see!" the boys flinched at Dawn's high pitch squeal. Paul contemplated in his mind about the lyrics. 'Maybe she's the one they are talking about. Hn.' He thought to himself.

"Give me that!" Leaf tried to get it back, but was unable to because it was far from her reach. "I'm not yet finished!"

Dawn scanned its contents. "Hmm...Being? What's with that?"

Leaf saw this as an opportunity. "It's nothing." She grabbed the notebook and put it inside her bag. "Random thoughts."

"If you say so..."

"Stop bullying my sister, Dawny." May said to the blunette.

"I'm just curious."

Misty felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked behind her, only to see Tracy scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. "Hey Misty, do you have notes for Literature?" he asked. The redhead rummaged her bag, and brought out a small notebook, handing it over to the bandana wearing guy. "Here. Don't lose it, you hear?"

"Don't worry, I won't. Thanks." And he went back to his seat.

Their homeroom teacher walks in, a stack of papers on her hands. Her hair was tied to a side bun, held in place by a light blue propeller like accessory, a tan complexion and lively blue eyes. She wore a light blue long sleeved polo, a matching pencil skirt and heels. She set down the papers on the table, effectively waking up some students who are currently sleeping.