Prologue

A wedding was happening, everyone were happy except Zehan Ashad, who was staring at Alina's radiant face for the last time. It hurt him a lot to see her happy with someone else rather than him. He stood frozen looking at the newlyweds, until his elder sister Zainab called him on stage to meet the new couple. He wanted to refuse, but he know he should be strong enough to let her go.

After the awkward handshake with the groom, he ignored Alina but she greeted him. He just nodded and left from there.

Mirha Noor was there for her cousin brother Imran syeed's wedding. She was genuinly happy for him. She went on stage to congratulate the newlyweds. After greeting them, when she was walking down the stairs she almost slipped due to the slippery tiles but a strong pair of arms saved her from  the massive fall. She was so embarrassed that she refused to look up , then she quickly backed away by making a distance between him and her.

Sensing her awkwardness, Zehan whispered softly "Its okay"

After hearing his voice, Mirha looked up to meet the familiar pair of green eyes looking at her in concern.

"JazakAllah hu khaira" Mirha said shyly, in response Zehan just nodded.

They stood in the corner of the stage, as it was crowded and there was no way to pass through it so they waited standing beside each other.

"Have you ever been in love?" Zehan asked out of the blue, which made Mirha to turn her head towards him.

"No" was her answer, she was confused at his sudden behavior. She couldn't believe that he is starting a conversation with her.

"How will you feel, when love of your life marry someone else?" Zehan continued, Mirha looked at him and hurt can be seen in his eyes. She followed his gaze that landed on the newly bride Alina who was smiling happily.

Then a mini realization hit her and she looked at him sadly.

"May be she wasn't meant for you and Allah (SWT)may have other plans for you because everything happens for a reason" Mirha said honestly and didn't realize what she said until the words were out of her mouth, this statement got his attention. Zehan looked at her surprisingly and mouthed "Thank you" and left  from there .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assalamuaalaikum people, hope you guys like the prologue and feel free to share your views.. JazakAllah hu khaira :)

Regards,

IFRAH :)