iv. heart monitor

CHAPTER FOUR: HEART MONITOR!

"I HAVE to come up with a report that has some relevance to my own family history

"I HAVE to come up with a report that has some relevance to my own family history." Scarlett heard Allison's voice from her bedroom as she walked down the hallway.

"Great," Scarlett waltzed into the room, flopping down on Allison's bed, "I have the exact same project, we can help each other."

Allison sighed, looking over at the younger Argent with a raised eyebrow, "I'm not doing your homework for you, not again."

"Specific to your family?" Kate asked.

"Why? Do you have any ideas?"

Kate signalled for Scarlett to follow her over to were Allison was sat at her desk staring at an empty search bar, "Type this in: La Bete du Gevaduan."

Allison did as her aunt said, "The Beast of Gevaudan? Like the ones you mentioned to me in bedtime stories when I was six?" Scarlett wondered.

Kate hummed in response, taking the mouse from Allison's hand and clicking on a website.

"What is this?"

"It's an old French legend that, believe it or not, has something to do with your family." She explained.

Allison began reading the article, "In 1766 in the province of Lozere, La Bete killed over 100 people."

"Mysterious animal attacks, just like a certain town called Beacon Hills." Kate said.

Scarlett frowned when she noticed that Allison kept looking over her shoulder to her wardrobe,
"So what was it? The animal?"

Kate shrugged, "Nobody knows for sure, but I can tell you one thing. It definitely wasn't a mountain lion," she paused for a second to point out a picture of La Bete, "What's it look like to you?"

Allison and Scarlett tilted their heads to the side, staring at the photo. Scruffy grey fur, long sharp canines and dog like features.

"It looks like. . ." Allison pauses, "A wolf." "Werewolf." The two spoke in unison.

▃▃▃▃

AFTER KATE left the room, Allison swirled around on the spinning desk chair to face her cousin.

"How long were you outside for?" She asked, watching as she wondered around her bedroom. Allison could feel her self growing more anxious every time Scarlett went near her closet.