vii. wolf's bane

CHAPTER SEVEN: WOLF'S BANE!

"HEY, KIDDO," Kate said as she spotted her daughter walking towards the door for school

"HEY, KIDDO," Kate said as she spotted her daughter walking towards the door for school. Out the window, she could just about see Allison waiting patiently in the car for her, "You alright?"

Scarlett gulped, forcing a smile into her face before speaking, "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

Her mom let out a chuckle, stepping closer to the young Argent, "Scar, I'm your mother. I know you inside and out, I know how you think, feel and even how grumpy you are when you don't get your tea in the morning. Don't try hiding anything from me."

She let out a sigh, glancing down at the books she held for school, "I've been having these. . .dreams. Nightmares, even. They're just keeping me awake, that's all."

An eyebrow raised on the older huntress' face, "What are the nightmares about?"

"A fire," She began to explain, "It was this big, wooden house in the middle of nowhere. Like, literally right out in the woods."

"And what else?" Kate asked, staring curiously at her.

"I heard screaming. Lots and lots of screaming. I think there were people in that house, mom," She muttered, looking up into her mother's eyes, "They were dying."

Kate stared of into space for a split second, before turning back to the teenager with a warm smile, "I'm sure they'll stop in a few days. You might of just seen it in a movie or TV show, that's all. Now, get to school, Allison's waiting."

She placed a hand on her daughter's back, opening the door and pushing her out. She sent a small goodbye wave in her direction, "Love you!"

"Love you too!" Scarlett yelled back at her, stopping when she heard the door close, "Totally just a movie."

▃▃▃▃

"SO, SCOTT. . ." Scarlett started as her cousin pulled out of the driveway. Allison avoided eye contact with the girl, keeping her eyes focused on the road.

"Come on, Alli. You have to talk about it at some point!" She told her, waving a hand in front of her face as she was ignored once again, "Hello? I'm talking to you!"

Allison's hand griped onto her cousins, pushing it out from in front of her face, "I'm driving."

A scoff left Scarlett's mouth, rolling her eyes and turning to look out the window, "Well, you don't have a problem talking to me every other morning when Scott isn't the conversation topic."

"Maybe it's because I don't want to talk about Scott all the time," Allison snapped, shaking her head and looking over at her cousin with guilty eyes, "I'm sorry, this whole situation just stresses me out."