v. night school

CHAPTER FIVE: NIGHT SCHOOL!

A SIGH of relief left Scarlett Argent's mouth as she watched Derek's car pull out from her driveway, rushing off down the road

A SIGH of relief left Scarlett Argent's mouth as she watched Derek's car pull out from her driveway, rushing off down the road. She made sure to lock the door.

"Hey, where were you?" Asked Allison, who wondered into the hallway after hearing the door.

Scarlett closed her eyes, her back pushed against the door, "With Derek Hale."

Allison's beautiful brown eyes widened, "Derek Hale? Like the Derek Hale that Scott told me to stay away from?"

She nodded in reply, throwing her coat over the stair railing as she wondered past her cousin, "I'm going upstairs for a bit, it's been a long day. Call me down when dinner's ready?"

Allison hummed to confirm, though her mind was all over the place as she thought of what Scarlett could of been doing with Derek Hale. What did they talk about?

Scarlett sent her a weak smile before continuing up the stairs to her bedroom, leaving Allison alone with her thoughts.

▃▃▃▃

"AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, MISSY?"

Kate sat on the fluffy, white bean bag placed in the corner of her daughter's room, watching as she froze at the sound of her mother's stern voice. She sounded a lot like her Uncle Chris.

"Uh—"

Kate stood up from the bean bag, making her way over to the girl, "Allison told me that she couldn't find you at the end of the day. Apparently she made one little call and you wondered off. So, where'd you go, kid? And how did you get home?"

"Jackson took me home." She answered simply.

"That guy your uncle Chris told me came over the other day? I thought he had a Porsche?" Kate's eyebrows furrowed, picturing the car that Scarlett had jumped out of just 10 minutes ago.

Taking a deep breath, Scarlett looked up at the older Argent, "Okay, fine! Jackson didn't take me home!"

"Then who's Chevrolet Camaro was that? It looks awfully familiar to me." Kate told her.

"Yeah, He said that he was an old friend of yours," Scarlett explained, "What's wrong?"

"What was this guys name?" She questioned, her mind trailing to a certain dark haired werewolf.

"Derek Hale."

"What did he say to you?" She interrogated.