The Truth

Peridot POV

I was running home because I know they are worried sick. It didn't take me that long when I NEEDED to run. I came upon my home door, opened it to reveal a worried uncle, and two cousins.

"Where have you been!? It is almost 11PM! We was worried you was kidnapped or worse dead!" My uncle said.

"Sorry, I lost track of time. Also I talked to this girl named Lapis. Can you tell me about what happened between us?" I said. He was confused, but my cousins knew she was.

"Who's Lapis?" My uncle said.

"Um, Peridot this isn't the best time to-" Emerald began

"No Emerald. I want to know. Why our family was feuding for all this time? More importantly, why it ruined my relationship with Lapis?"

"You still haven't answer my question. What is her full name?" my uncle said again

"Lapis Lazuli." I said. My uncle eyes lit up.

"The Lazuli's!? How you know this girl?" he said.

"She's in my class. I talked to her so I can know her better, but she told me to ask you about what happened." I said.

"Dad, we promised that Peri stays out of it." Malachite said.

"We can't anymore. She's officially in it now that she's in contact with one of them. Peridot, have a seat." he said. I sat beside Emerald. He had concern in his eyes.

"Look Peridot, the Green's and Lazuli's have been feuding for MANY years. Your mother was very good in holding her secrets in, some she never told your husband. Amanda, Lapis mother and Christine, your mother were the most popular women in high school but they hated each other with a vengeance over everything. Things escalated when a viral video of Amanda sprung up during a party was the most petrified thing Amanda ever seen. Some believed drugs played a huge role in your mother's death. Amanda vowed she was going to have the last word. When the day of the murder happened, we all assumed it had to been the Lazuli's wrong doings. Days later, Amanda and her boyfriend was killed in a bar. Murders have risen ever since. The Lazuli's have families on their side, and Green's with theirs. Stay away from her, as you don't know who's plotting on our downfall or yours. Lapis is the demon spawn that is ready to attack at anytime. Did she hurt you?

"No, she didn't." I had to lie. Malachite knew she did, which is why he gave me a stare.

"Good. Stay near Emerald or Malachite. We will give you a pocket knife for protection. If she bothers you, let us know. We got connections that can spot her out. That's why you and her had to stop being friends. With you being such a young age at the time, you did broke it off pretty harsh, but family comes first." My uncle said.

"I-I will." I said standing up to go upstairs

"Also, sit with us during lunch tomorrow. We know people that their families are allies with us." Emerald said.

"Alright." I said continuing my journey to my room.

Why, out of all people, my mother do such things like that? She told me to be the best I could be, stopped me from doing bad things when she was the one all along doing that. I feel so lost and confused. So am I like in a gang? Do I have to kill? Out of everybody on this earth, why was I chose to me my mother child? But what did I say so harsh to make Lapis hate me even more? I got to stop this feud once and for all, whether I survive or die doing it.